Lady GaGa

Guest glastofun

I think I'm going to prison for seeing Lady Gaga over The Specials. I've never seen such an abortion of a performance. S/he was miming pretty poorly and all that mumbling between songs was obviously staged if you consider the fact she had no problems with all the other theatrics.

Meanwhile, the BBC footage is making me think Jack White was playing guitar for her. Surely not... right?

Well, I just watched the hour long footage on the Beeb highlights and bloody hell...what a show! The Q Review got it bang on...the Other Stage Field became a 4am New York nightclub for an hour! I imagine I would have got a bit wound up with the ramblings had I been there but it comes across as a damn good show on screen.

How many performers in the past at the G can you think of that have that scale of action on stage...let alone tasty, taught backing dancers for the girls AND the boys??? :lol::lol:

I think an awful lot of it was lost on the young audience but I do hope that she does carry on getting better and better. She IS a modern day disco Madonna...she knows it too and as mentioned earlier, she knows her audience. She didnt appear to be up herself and didnt do all that 'Oh I am humbled' shit that you can get sometimes, she just danced well, performed well, the backing track was a help not a hindrance and she hardly relied on it...

would love to see what she is capable of in a smaller venue with a lot less sunshine!!! And if she heads down a more filthier, Peaches style route...then count me on board for that ride!! Hubbahubba!

What dark and sordid past? I looked her up on wiki and she comes from a solid background, dad an internet entrepreneur, mum works in telecomms, she went to a private catholic school, signed up to Def Jam at 19...all seems pretty sane to me.

Songwriting for Akon, Britney, Pussycat Dolls, New Kids on the Block...what is dark and sordid, tell me!!

She's a crude twit. Boring, obvious, and painful to see young girls dancing away like her. My 10 yr old sister included. She fills a void, which would otherwise have been filled by something similar. Yawn.

I didn't watch her while I was at Glastonbury, but I did catch some of her show on the BBC. Now I'm not a good dancer and I take my hat off to her for trying, but she seemed to constantly be doing some kind of weird I-want-to-lick-the-floor headbanging dance that just made her look retarded and which got very irritating after a while. And her attempts at the proper routines were comical.

I didn't watch her while I was at Glastonbury, but I did catch some of her show on the BBC. Now I'm not a good dancer and I take my hat off to her for trying, but she seemed to constantly be doing some kind of weird I-want-to-lick-the-floor headbanging dance that just made her look retarded and which got very irritating after a while. And her attempts at the proper routines were comical.

What dark and sordid past? I looked her up on wiki and she comes from a solid background, dad an internet entrepreneur, mum works in telecomms, she went to a private catholic school, signed up to Def Jam at 19...all seems pretty sane to me.

Songwriting for Akon, Britney, Pussycat Dolls, New Kids on the Block...what is dark and sordid, tell me!!

I think it's just because she is pretty open about doing drugs/sleeping with who she wants to on tour. I quite like that about her though, she isnt trying to have a squeaky clean image. I love her, she is my getting ready to go out music, was looking forward to her for ages! Wish she didn't take so long between songs though as she could of fit in a lot more!

I happened to watch a couple of songs as I was moving between Steel Pulse and the Specials and I've watched a bit of video footage.

Okay, her music might be poor and she can be VERY cringeworthy with the stuff she says and does but for entertainment value she was great.

She obviously put a lot of effort into the show and made it very memorable for all the people watching it. I'd much rather see a full blown over the top ridiculous Lady Gaga show than some boring going-through-the-motions indie rock band. And don't be stupid, she obviously wasn't miming.

She might be a complete nob but you should all give a bit of credit for putting on a good show.