Biggest Crowd of the Weekend?

Guest Zacko

arriving 20 mins before rolf allowed us to get right near the front by walking in from the side. But leaving afterwards it was clear how busy it was.

Hard to tell crowd sizes as im usually near the front, but the only time i was quite far back was to catch the last song of dizzee and it seemed absolutely rammed.

I thought that Bruce was the clear winner. Even the paths at the top of the Pyramid were chocker. That said I should imagine it got quieter (I myself left for 2ManyDJs).

Pleased that Madness got a big crowd (they packed out Lost Vagueness last time too!)

Quite scarey trying to get into see Rolf - Packed up to the back fence with single line traffic each way

But then having escaped the field still more people piling in both entrances

Should of have had security control it at this stage

Suprised people saying there was room around them - perhaps they should have asked everyone to take one step forward

Very difficult to say.

To me it felt like Madness or Kasabian, but maybe that's because I starting quite far back and trying to move through it at the time. Bruce and Blur felt enormous because I was relatively packed in around the middle barrier. Wouldn't be surprised if it were none of them though.

I was standing at the front for Rolf and it felt empty because I and several others were standing in a space large enough to swing a bag of cats in. Presumably it wasn't like that further back.

Unless you're overhead in a helicopter or have a team of stewards at each entrance with an entry clicker then I don't really see how anybody can make any sort of sensible claim one way or another.

I'd say Kasabian, the Bruce crowd started the same but thinned out quite a bit. Tom Jones was massive and it didn't move at all, same for Rolf. We came from the Orange tent and it was tight from there, when we got to that entrance it wasn't moving. Security then came and tried to stop the crowds moving forwards, actually telling them to go back and nobody was getting in. I and many more managed to get in but saw some being man handled out lol We sat for a good 15 minutes after before it had cleared.

So from what I saw......

Mainstage - Kasabian then Tom Jones

Other - Lady Gaga(no f*cking joke!)

Jazz World- Rolf Harris

So for me Kasabian, I saw Neil Young and Springsteen but neither had the same strength of crowd as them.

Edited by BenchBuddah

Tom Jones looked about on a par with Lily Allen from where I was perched at the very back; busy but not totally rammed. Blur definitely seemed the biggest from this vantage point. Was at the front for Bruce so can't comment on his crowd.

Edited by StevieF

Quite scarey trying to get into see Rolf - Packed up to the back fence with single line traffic each way

But then having escaped the field still more people piling in both entrances

Should of have had security control it at this stage

Suprised people saying there was room around them - perhaps they should have asked everyone to take one step forward

For me the biggest crowd was Kasabian...

Bruce started busy but after half an hour or so it was quite easy to move around...

Honorourable mentions to Dizzee Rascal and Lily Allen too for whom it was really chocker....

And of course Rolf... but I don't know how the capacity at Jazz World compares with the pyramid.

Sean

Personally, I thought the crowd for Blur was huge. I was on the road at the back and it was hard to get any further forward.

I think these posts show that it's just impossible to judge. It partly depends where you were in the crowd of course, if you were in the same spot for each name then you might be in a better position to decide. Even watching the highlights on tv it's not clear.