• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring

it

on

:(

one day of work left then am ready for the weekend

Heading over early afternoon friday, few beers and Undertones. Should be a good weekend and Weather is looking up (slightly, a tad).

Staying at Riverside campsite, I know there's a train station nearby but does anyone know if it's possible to get a bus from Bingley to near the campsite (Cionoley, I think).

All that said, a cab probably wouldn't be too expensive (apologies for early morning ramble, put simply, Bus? Cab? instead of train)

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Saturday ticket or 3 I could get hold of? I just went to buy them this lunchtime after my pay cheque finally cleared and since yesterday they have sold out! ) :

Im massive OCS fan and hugely upset. I found a guy with 2 weekend tickets on gumtree and sent him a message, so hopefully he may get back to me. Need 3 in total though. Id go on the day and hope to get one but I dont wanna go over from Manchester for an ultimately disappointing trip. Also the 3rd of the tickets is for my mate travelling from Lincoln, so same for him.

Id be massively grateful if anyone knew of a few tickets for sale. If this ends in failure and Ocean Colour Scene play my favourite song 'Crazy lowdown ways' then Il cry myself to sleep for the next 2 weeks. lol.

Thanks in advance, and have a great time everyone going.

Martin

Just back from the fest, great weekend. Weather held, music was great and best of all managed to get back stage and was able to watch Doves from on stage (just behind drum/keyboard riser) and Editors from the viewing platform on stage. Quality weekend, will try to be awake enough to do a quick review tomorrow afternoon and hopefully post some pictures!

quality weekend for the price, toploader really shouldn't have bothered coming back though, they're now just behind hard fi as far as worst live acts go lol. Really liked qemists having not heard them before, doves but on the set of the weekend easily. One complaint, the beer prices, £3.50 for a small scale festival is disgusting, other than that i'll probably be back next year if the lineup's something similiar.

Another brilliant weekend, just the usual moans really... How can a bottle of water be £1 at one stall and £2 at the next? Ridiculous toilet queues on the saturday (although that made for a good excuse to nip over to the pub between bands) and crappy food from the vans (with the exception of the yummy chilli from the 'Hellfire' fire engine).

Best sets of the weekend for me came from Doves (although as someone else said, the saturday night's all a bit of a blur), The Qemists & the superb Sunshine Underground. I have to say that Calvin Harris did a great job of hyping up the crowd too. Anyone know what gobby Jon McClure from Rev & the Makers was going on about when he was slagging off Calvin Harris?

I reckon we got pretty lucky with the weather too, it looked like it was gonna really chuck it down at times yesterday. Big thanks to the hotel for letting us keep the room til lunchtime yesterday as well, there's no way i could have gone near my car before that! Oh and nice to meet up with llcoolphil, treacle, mr me & oldbird on saturday, even if it was only for a short while.

Definitely be back next year if it stays at a similar price ;)

something about twitter, the lad must be a bit simple, complaining that calvin harris wouldn't slag him off to his face and does the exact same thing, thought he came across as a knob, futureheads playing a blinder just before them made up for it though, and the singalongs for ocean colour scene the day before ;)

something about twitter, the lad must be a bit simple, complaining that calvin harris wouldn't slag him off to his face and does the exact same thing, thought he came across as a knob, futureheads playing a blinder just before them made up for it though, and the singalongs for ocean colour scene the day before ;)

quality weekend for the price, toploader really shouldn't have bothered coming back though, they're now just behind hard fi as far as worst live acts go lol. Really liked qemists having not heard them before, doves but on the set of the weekend easily. One complaint, the beer prices, £3.50 for a small scale festival is disgusting, other than that i'll probably be back next year if the lineup's something similiar.

For £15 and that line-up it should of been awesome!!

I got there for Sunshine Underground, joined the beer queue at about 100 people deep andmet a lad and girl who told me to follow them off site to a shop as he lived near by, got the shop, went back his apart from a ridiculous amount of shots, got the back site, kept getting caught trying to sneak the booze in, lost the lad (think he went home but who knows!?) and was with the girl for the next few hours (I think!?) - had a genius idea of throwing her bag with booze under the fence and got caught again!

Lost her and cant remember anything after that ha! Think their names with Michael and Lisa?! But they both could of been called Valerie for the state I was in!

Managed to stumbled into my 8 mates who I'd gone with, nuts!!

Aaaaahhh what am i saying, it was awesome!!!

Quality Weekend....but I'm gutted I don't remember spaceface.

Sunshine underground, ocs very good.

Doves I'm sure were amazing but just cant remember.

And reverend geezer...what a c0ck!!...was he coked up?...he came across like such an arrogant tw@!!!

Congrats to bradford council though for putting such a good event on...if only they were as good at sorting out the city centre!!

I'm gutted I don't remember spaceface.
Edited by MikeyB37

had a great time as well

enjoyed friday, was a shame to see the mass exodus after the Undertones played teenage kicks

saturday was far too busy and very similar music, so much so I was happy when the Zutons came on :D

sunday was by far the best day for me, lots of varied music styles, no queues at all, more toliets for the girls.

Really liked the Qemists, and surprisingly Calvin Haris, and say what you like about her songs/music as least VV Brown tried to get the crowd going (did you know her mum was from leeds and her uncle from bradford :) ..dejavu anyone)

bad point

On saturday on the train home, the train left the station half empty, even though there was a massive queue, the police next day blamed the transport police .....and when it stopped at saltaire it said welcome to silsden, which is a bit scary when your half cut :)