What was your worst moment at glastonbury?

Guest Chickenburger

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea everyone found sunday night 2007 so bad!!

That is one of my best moments, watching the who with noone caring about the rain!

I don't even remember it being that wet afterwards.. but the photos we have suggest otherwise.

Think i have my rose-coloured spectacles on for anything concerning Glastonbury!

This will be my first glasto but I already have one heartbreaking moment lol.

I crashed under my friends coffee table (don't ask) after a party keeping in mind that "the last batch of tickets" were going on sale at 1 P.M I got home at 12 and checked the website to see a big notice saying "ALL TICKETS SOLD OUT! thanks to everyone who bought one etc" turns out I got the times mixed up, it was actually depressing and I sulked for half a week.

A month or so later I got a text from my friend telling me they were back on sale, I got one and was ecstatic for about half a week!

Losing my little toy Bagpuss last year sometime between 3 and 4am between Pennards LongDrops, the walk to the coffee bar in the middle of the market and Trash City.

I hold onto the hope that when he fell out of my pocket it was on a walkway, was picked up and now has a new mum or dad but the more horrible thought and more likely thing is he went for a nose dive into the Longdrops poor thing. :unsure::)

Sunday 2007 was indeed a low, legs absolutely shot, spirit pretty much broken and heading out to the other stage to see the Chems more in hope and desperation than expectation. Thought I'd timed my last indulgence perfectly to enjoy their light show but watched the whole set in clear-headed mode whilst my mate was orchestrating the crowd and yelling "Commmeeeeee Onnnnnnnn" at the top of his voice - which was fairly hysterical. Anyway, we trudged back tentwards after their set and dropped in at the tiny tea-tent as we'd all decided that a hot cuppa (outside on a wet bench in the pouring rain) was just what the doctor ordered. At precisely that point my head stopped being clear and my mate and my g/f sitting opposite me pissed themselves laughing at me as I kept going "whoooahh" and trying to explain to them that their faces were pixilating and swapping with each other. That cider mustve been strong (ahem). Ended up being a cracking night.

In 1997 I got trenchfoot and missed the Radiohead set.

Absolutely gutted! Couldn't walk and had to go home and watch on tv :unsure::)

At precisely that point my head stopped being clear and my mate and my g/f sitting opposite me pissed themselves laughing at me as I kept going "whoooahh" and trying to explain to them that their faces were pixilating and swapping with each other. That cider mustve been strong (ahem). Ended up being a cracking night.

I think the worst Glasto moment was Monday morning 2007. It was still raining and we had to try and drag our trolley to the car (we thought it would be a helpful thing to have - never again!) but as there was so much mud it was just pulling half of it along in the wheels so was a complete nightmare! When we eventually got to the car park we had to sit in the car in soggy clothes for about 5 hrs before we could get out. As we were heading back to Yorkshire we had all the flooding to contend with........13 hrs later arrived back at our house which thankfully wasn't flooded!! My boyfrind who was driving had to have a whisky and a cig the minute he got out of the car as it was such a horrendous journey, bless...

Can't wait for this year though!! Think it's going to be a scorcher :unsure:

Sunday evening/Monday morning 2007 were a real low for me. I felt so exhausted by the Sunday night that I seriously considered leaving early. However I stuck it out for the Chems which was def. worth it. After a restless night sleep worrying about the rain and having to pack up a wet tent in the morning, I trudged to the shuttle bus and waited soaking wet and freezing for nearly 2 hours in the rain, I very nearly started weeping. It was one of the worst experiences of my life, but I still love Glastonbury and after a break last year, am looking forward to coming back for the 4th time this year, rain or shine.

:unsure: Sorry to repeat what others have said but 2007 was my absolute Glastonbury hell.

Having camped in the same spot for nearly 20 years we arrived on the wednesday morning to find that our spot had been taken over by market stalls - a bad start as we were so flummoxed we just dropped our tents and camped where we stood. This turned out to be very close to the main walkway down to the Dance Village which pleased none of us (being of slightly older years!).

On the saturday night we had headed over to the ballroom to see Madness only to get stuck in glue like mud outside the marquee. The sound was awful, couldnt hear a thing and we decided to leave via the railway track as the field exits were completely bottleknecked. I ended up having a run in with an exceptionally over eager security steward who tried to stop us getting out that way. She threatened to call the police, I told her to get on with it and she physically pushed me....red mist descended and a battle ensued resulting in several people trying to calm things down.

The hideous 'Make Poverty History' bollocks and the constant pushing down the throat about various causes in between acts on the Other Stage (whatever happened to music????)almost sent me crackers.

The never ending rain, dreadful, awful weather meant that by sunday morning our spirits were battered and broken. My friend broke down in tears at the thought of how bad it was and we all packed up sunday afternoon and left in the sodding rain vowing that this was our last Glastonbury, the festival had changed too much, couldnt keep coping with the weather, was going to find a smaller festi etc etc

Needless to say, despite standing by this last year when the tickets went on sale, three days before the festival started we did a complete u turn and bombed down. Had the best Glastonbury in years and literally CANNOT wait for this year!!!!

Sunday last year. After four days of solid drinking, my body started to fight back against me and just shut me down. I was feeling depressed watching Neil Diamond (just stick to cheesy, don't do a section of your introspective new album on the final day of a festival) to the extent that I had to almost run to the Other Stage to watch Mark Ronson. I needed to get away from Neil Diamond. After Mark Ronson, I went to catch a bit of Goldfrapp - I started feeling scared for some reason so I went to sit by an ice cream van and buy lolly ices (ice lollies for the non-Merseyside residents). They, unsurprisingly, didn't really help. I just tried then to save myself with people and went forward to watch Leonard Cohen and The Verve. That was when Glastonbury gave me a great high which I thought would carry me all the way home. It didn't. When I got back to the tent paranoia hit me. All the noises around me started to freak me out, I was jumping around in my tent like a blue arsed fly at any sort of noise. And wasn't that when a helicopter went overhead. I was convinced that it was spinning around out of control above my tent and there was nothing to do to save me. I started putting my bag over my head and duck and cover. That fear lasted until about 0300 - and I was up at 0500 to get my coach home.

Like everyone's said: Sunday night/Monday morning 2007. It was my first Glasto and I'd been keeping my spirits up despite the rain all weekend, but by Sunday night I was pretty fed up, and packing up the tent in the rain the next morning and walking through 6 inches of mud unable to put anything down for a break because it would get filthy was grim. And then there was the hour wait in the rain to get on our coach.

I sometimes wonder why I went back last year. Glad I did though.

I think we were pretty lucky in 2007. My knackered knee was so painful by the Sunday night that I could only hobble, and the car park we were in was so deep in water that the water and mud went inside my wellies, but somehow we got out out little Vauxhall Corsa out straight away, and I was home in Oxford, dry, washed and had my poorly leg elevated and with an ice pack by 8am on Monday morning. I remember spending most of the day listening to the radio and hearing how long people were stuck in the car parks - you have my sympathy - not sure how I'd have coped with that, tbh, as I'd run out of my hardcore painkillers by then!!

my worst moment was at last years fest, i was having a wander around at night on my own and went up to the stones for a chill, i was sitting down looking at the site when all of a sudden some little c**t either kicked or punched me in the back of the head and ran away down the hill, f**ker could have broken my neck. i was so f**ked i didnt really know what happened, i got up and a load of kids of similar age and c**tishness (who i discovered were his mates) got up too, i assume to prevent me from giving chase. i cornered the guy later at the toilet block next to the pennard entrance and he was a sheepish little pussy. such a totally unnecessary thing to do, i thought it might have been an attempt to rob me somehow but if anything was taken i didnt notice as i had consumed too much.

2007 for me.

First time there - arrived and set up Wed morn. Overcome with illness that had made setting-up very difficult - went home. Hospital from Wed night through to Sunday night, released just in time to drive back down, to collect my stuff that I had left behind (being ... everything!).

Although, seeing the weary expressions on my friends faces, covered in mud, made me slightly less gutted about it all.

I can honestly say that so far I have never had a truly bad moment at Glasto. Sunday 2007 was a bit of a wash out due to over pilling the previous night, but aside from that my worst moment was buying a pair of 6 quid sunnies in 2005 only to walk 20 yards from the stall, slip in the mud and have them fall off and somehow disappear underneath the 'squelch' to never be seen again. But not to worry they were only bought out of necessity and made me look too much like Bono anyway. :D

God, I think you're right! Well it was annoying whatever year it was! What was 2007's cause then? Perhaps they are all just merging into one. I have no objection to people/organisations promoting causes and willingly support those I agree with but in 2007 it seemed to be on a repetitive loop in between bands and it was the same stuff over and over and over........

Wish I could remember what it was now........somthing to do with crocodiles?! :D