Smoking ban

Guest rks01

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoking is banned inside the tents, although this is difficult to enforce in the larger tents.

I didn't go pre-smoking ban, so can't comment on if it made a difference, it didn't impact on my smoking during the festival.

Stewards will tell people to extinguish lit ciggies - 'herbal' or otherwise, inside tents, and they do persist and will chuck you outside if you don't do as they say. They have to really - the festival's licence is at stake if people are allowed to break the law by smoking inside.

It's a bit harsh in a tent I think as was a bit irritating last year. Especially when you're in a relatively quiet tent with loads of space and 3 walls off the thing....

In some tents they didn't seem to give a sh1t, mostly the smaller less official ones anyway. Pretty much all the bigger tents had security that told people to put 'em out.

Suddenly remembered the security chaps trying to talk those Brothered up geezers in the Jazzworld field down from the flag poles they kept climbing to try outdo one another as to how high high they could get. Dunno how that flashback image popped in there . . .

In some tents they didn't seem to give a sh1t, mostly the smaller less official ones anyway. Pretty much all the bigger tents had security that told people to put 'em out.

Suddenly remembered the security chaps trying to talk those Brothered up geezers in the Jazzworld field down from the flag poles they kept climbing to try outdo one another as to how high high they could get. Dunno how that flashback image popped in there . . .

It's a ridiculous law. Most of the tents are higher than your average ceiling by a long way, so it's not as if the smoke "hangs about".

On occasions, I was surrounded by smokers in a couple of the tents last year, but I played fair and didn't light up 'til I got outside. Didn't see any security nonsense though.

Anyhoo, I believe the law only applies if the tent has a certain percentage of "wall" coverage.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the most draconian anti-smoking laws in the world... :unsure:

Don't be suprised if the ban is more strictly enforced this year.

MDC where pretty critical of the festival last year in the debreif report in terms of smoking in tents

Anyhoo, I believe the law only applies if the tent has a certain percentage of "wall" coverage.

Last year I saw several people being asked to put them out but I didn't see anyone being that heavy-handed with the requests. (I did see security being very heavy-handed in the Stonebridge Bar in the Park but don't think that was over smoking!) The same penalties apply as in the outside world and they can't risk their license so I'm sure that you would generally be asked to put it out if you're seen....

Don't be suprised if the ban is more strictly enforced this year.

MDC where pretty critical of the festival last year in the debreif report in terms of smoking in tents

AFAIK it's to do with the number of walls that enclose it and the % of roof covering it as to wether it's considered an enclosed space but on the whole both the aurthorities and licencees tend to err towards the not allowing smoking in where there's a gray area

Its Pathetic wait until the drinking ban arrives it will and then everybody's fun will be no more oh and do not forget the fatty food ban and and of cause eventually bloody breathing ban

Lets all walk about like robots and be controlled by a society that lives a life of pure damn boredom,

Think what you like,,,,,,, :O:D:D

Edited by marktea