Blur

Guest Rhyscot

Hmm, im really debating whether to go see them, you see im not a big fan of them and very very rarely listen to some of their material. I much more of an Oasis fan and deep down i would rather go and see the Prodigy!

But, i really dont know, apparently its going to a massive show and a great come back for the band as they are extremly popular. In my opinion i feel they may bore me but i really dont want to miss out on such a big perfromance.

I listen to a few of their songs, 5 at the most that i know, compared to 8 Prodigy songs. Im being encouraged my one person to go see them and encouraged to go have a blast at prodigy.. :S

Can anyone help me to choose.

Thanks

Edited by Rhyscot

Same issue I'm having. My missus is a huge Blur fan. I missed the whole Blur/Oasis thing completely (no, I'm not five years old or owt, it was my era, just neither grabbed me at the time). Was rather a fan of them there Prodigy. But I can see Blur being a massive event.

Also I'd earn missus points :rolleyes:!

It really doesn't matter if it will be a massive show, if you don't really like them, what's the point of going to see them, just so you can say you've seen them? It's a silly reason to see a band you don't like that much

I'm more of a Blue fan than Oasis, and if it was Oasis playing I probably wouldn't go see them even if it was some massive show, I'd rather go have a better time than I would seeing Oasis.

If you are a fan of Blur, then yes it is a massive show, but if you aren't treat it as a regular headliner and as someone said earlier follow your ears :rolleyes:

hmmmm im not so sure.

if you have seen the prodigy before, i would see blur and give them a go. you might be surprised by how much you enjoy it.

if you have seen both or neither i would go for the prodigy.

if it had been a legend/band that does hardly any gigs (blur are still doing the rounds at the moment) then i would rather check this out, even if it meant i wasn't guaranteed to enjoy it as much.

robx

I keep picking one to see then deciding no no i must see the other.

Edging towards Blur though, for the fact that after this year they could never play again.

But then i think of The Prodigy and how amazing that would be !

Ahh depends if im in the mood for a sing-a-long or rave :rolleyes:

go and see bands you want to see. bands you like, bands that move you.

never ever go and see a band to 'cross them off a list' or 'because they're legends' or 'because it's an event'. It's no way to live your life.

I missed the Blur/Oasis thing aswell really. But I much prefer Blur, Ive seen videos of Oasis live lately, and I really dont think Liam can sing, never really been an Oasis fan anyway.

I wouldn't miss Blur.