pete doherty

Guest bobby 11

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its supposed to have happened on Friday in sweden. He also played a festival in Sweden on Friday, so must've just paid a fine for possession or whatever.

I mean, he played in Camden on saturday so its not like he's been nicked or ewt, and Swedish police arent exactly gona come over here, take him to sweden and lock him up there, for only possession, are they?

You reminded me of something I heard/watched/read a while ago, it related to Guns N Roses and another band, perhaps Metallica or Trent Reznor from NIN (think it was Metallica though but can't remember for the life of me). It basically said that GNR got all the bad press for abuse because they were choosing to publicise it whereas the other band were doing mostly the same, sometimes going out wasted with GNR but they themselves weren't publicising it so no one really picked up on it.

You have to wonder if the like of Doherty had this kind of publicity (at least at first) mostly by their own hands. They say any publicity is good publicity.

He is a disgrace because of his antics off and on the stage, there have been many occasions where he hasn't turned up to gigs because he has been too off his face to appear and quite a few of the times that he has turned up he has been piss poor due to the fact that he was mashed.

To me he is another car crash artist like Amy Winehouse where 1 of the thoughts that go through your mind when waiting for him to come on is "I hope he is sober" & not pumped full of drugs to the extent that he can't sing and jumps around the stage like a twat.

Obviously the lad has got talent ( he must have an ounce to get where he is today).

Personally I don't know what he is like as a person, he could have a heart of gold ... my point is that if someone pays to see him then he should at least give the audience (his fans) what they paid for and not some disaster on a stage that doesn't know what day it is.

Have respect for your fan base and don't take them for granted.

He is a disgrace because of his antics off and on the stage, there have been many occasions where he hasn't turned up to gigs because he has been too off his face to appear and quite a few of the times that he has turned up he has been piss poor due to the fact that he was mashed.

To me he is another car crash artist like Amy Winehouse where 1 of the thoughts that go through your mind when waiting for him to come on is "I hope he is sober" & not pumped full of drugs to the extent that he can't sing and jumps around the stage like a twat.

Obviously the lad has got talent ( he must have an ounce to get where he is today).

Personally I don't know what he is like as a person, he could have a heart of gold ... my point is that if someone pays to see him then he should at least give the audience (his fans) what they paid for and not some disaster on a stage that doesn't know what day it is.

Have respect for your fan base and don't take them for granted.

few things about this story dont make sense, especially the fact he was 'supposedly found slumped in a bathroom' with a class A drug yet got off with a fine? B)

and how it took 2 days to be 'released' B)

still, if its true or not he was on top form saturday at the underworld!! B)

this won't influence the chances of him performing at glastonbury.

while going to his smaller shows was once a fairly big risk (4/5 years ago), he has cleaned up his act and just finished a very successful solo tour in large venues such as troxy theatre, though still plays for crowds of under 100 at the drop of a hat.

name me one other artist of such acclaim who has given the world hundreds of free songs of his own and often plays for 2-5 hours for his fans in tiny clubs/pubs/flats in london every fortnight. while he has let down his fans a few times, the positives far, far outweigh these occasional occurrences. i should know...

and to anyone who doubts his talent, go to: http://version2.andrewkendall.com/pages/mi...byshambles2.php (music he has given away free) and download legs 11 and the shaken and withdrawn megamix, buy a copy of up the bracket then name me a more talented british artist from the last 10 years.

The only reason he has been singled out is due to his relationship with kate moss. Druggy rock star going out with one of the most famous women in the world is always going to be big news in the trashy tabloids. I dont think he deliberately went out with her just for publicity. Also isnt he absolutely skint? He certainly doesnt expoit his notoriety in monetary terms!

this won't influence the chances of him performing at glastonbury.

while going to his smaller shows was once a fairly big risk (4/5 years ago), he has cleaned up his act and just finished a very successful solo tour in large venues such as troxy theatre, though still plays for crowds of under 100 at the drop of a hat.

name me one other artist of such acclaim who has given the world hundreds of free songs of his own and often plays for 2-5 hours for his fans in tiny clubs/pubs/flats in london every fortnight. while he has let down his fans a few times, the positives far, far outweigh these occasional occurrences. i should know...

and to anyone who doubts his talent, go to: http://version2.andrewkendall.com/pages/mi...byshambles2.php (music he has given away free) and download legs 11 and the shaken and withdrawn megamix, buy a copy of up the bracket then name me a more talented british artist from the last 10 years.

he does loads and loads of free gigs for his fans, that is why they forgive him for the occasional no-show (which incidentally are nowhere near as frequent as the tabloid press would have you believe).

i planned to go seem him once, gig postponed until a later date, when that later date came around it was postponed again, only to be called off a third time. Eventually the venue refused to have him perform there again. i WAS a fan, now though i think he has become caricature of himself, when i see him now i feel only sadness and pity for someone who seemed destined for much better.

Sparty

yes! great read and fascinating story of, for me at least, the band of this century. if you don't know it already head to the forum at www.frenchdogblues.com - that's where all the small gigs are announced. been lucky enough to see him in a flat, different intimate clubs, at the libertines reunion, aswell as the big shows in the last year or so.