Oasis setlist - Heaton Park last night

Guest danny12345

Still not gonna convert any non-Oasis fans to give them a chance but thouht I'd post this to get the rest of us excited, can't wait!!

'Rock 'N' Roll Star'

'Lyla'

'The Shock Of The Lightning'

'Roll With It'

'Cigarettes And Alcohol'

'The Meaning Of Soul'

'To Be Where There's Life'

'Waiting For The Rapture'

'The Masterplan'

'Songbird'

'Slide Away'

'Morning Glory'

'My Big Mouth'

'The Importance Of Being Idle'

'Half The World Away'

'I'm Outta Time'

'Wonderwall'

'Live Forever'

'Supersonic'

'Don't Look Back In Anger'

'Falling Down'

'Champagne Supernova'

'I Am The Walrus'

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not gonna convert any non-Oasis fans to give them a chance but thouht I'd post this to get the rest of us excited, can't wait!! 'Rock 'N' Roll Star' 'Lyla' 'The Shock Of The Lightning' 'Roll With It' 'Cigarettes And Alcohol' 'The Meaning Of Soul' 'To Be Where There's Life' 'Waiting For The Rapture' 'The Masterplan' 'Songbird' 'Slide Away' 'Morning Glory' 'My Big Mouth' 'The Importance Of Being Idle' 'Half The World Away' 'I'm Outta Time' 'Wonderwall' 'Live Forever' 'Supersonic' 'Don't Look Back In Anger' 'Falling Down' 'Champagne Supernova' 'I Am The Walrus'

Goose bumps reading this... had to sell my Oasis tickets due to bad times and bad "ex friend" i had sunday tix so only going to see them at V now... hope this is what the set list will be will cheer me up a little x

I was at heaton yesterday im not a huge fan of oasis these days but have to say they were on top form last night. They got off to a shockin start with the power cutting out twice but once that was sorted they sound great look like liam has been workin hard on his vocals. Gonna give me a huge problem now for v i was all for seein MGMT but now im swaying towards Oasis.

I understand that everyone who went to last nights gig is getting a full refund to make up for the sound problems. A damn fine gesture by the boys I think.

[/quote

I believe this is the case hope they sort it out though as going tomorrow :P

only downer is that the usual rainy weather has came back to manchester at 3pm after 2wks of sunshine oh joy how to get some practice in for wet open air gigs!!! :)

Incredible setlist, hope they keep Half The World Away in as well as My Big Mouth. But then they played that last tour and dropped it. I don't think Oasis are arsed about winning over any new fans, an although I think they'll do a good show, I think they'll be in a bit of a "Can't be arsed" mood throughout.

Pretty noble for them to give the money back too.

ooooo i can't wait i'm going to see them at wembely in july and at v aswell!!

Set list looks good! If im honest i'm glad i'm not off today in this crappy weather! i'm holding out for sunshine in July!! :P

Everyone who is going though hope you all have a fab time!! xxx

Well went to see Oasis yesterday and they were really good I don't think fans will be disappointed... I know people said about Liams voice been fooked but Noel sings half the set anyways so I really enjoyed them and all the support too Enemy were fantastic defo be seeing them at V :P

However and it does pain me to say this the crowd were scary I have never seen so many pissed piss throwing idiots in one place during all the support sets there was stuff flying everywhere and it was quite aggressive at times which was a shame but when Oasis came on it was all good as everyone was loving the music but earlier in the day scary!!! :D

which worries me as actual Oasis set will be fine I think but we gonna have a lot of bloody idiots going nuts during day, maybe it will be okay I don't know but yesterday was nuts I've not seen anything like it in all my gig/festie times tbh ;)

but Oasis were really good and i'm sure people will really enjoy them as they play all their classic anthemns... :D

Well went to see Oasis yesterday and they were really good I don't think fans will be disappointed... I know people said about Liams voice been fooked but Noel sings half the set anyways so I really enjoyed them and all the support too Enemy were fantastic defo be seeing them at V :D

However and it does pain me to say this the crowd were scary I have never seen so many pissed piss throwing idiots in one place during all the support sets there was stuff flying everywhere and it was quite aggressive at times which was a shame but when Oasis came on it was all good as everyone was loving the music but earlier in the day scary!!! :P

which worries me as actual Oasis set will be fine I think but we gonna have a lot of bloody idiots going nuts during day, maybe it will be okay I don't know but yesterday was nuts I've not seen anything like it in all my gig/festie times tbh :D

but Oasis were really good and i'm sure people will really enjoy them as they play all their classic anthemns... :)

Went yesterday (Saturday) had a bloody brilliant time, Twisted Wheel were like awesome! I'd never heard them before but i really like them now! the first band that came on were a pile of w*nk! The lead singer was WAAAAAY to into it, and he looked like a freak, the drummer's face was funny to watch and the guitarist was actually pretty good. The signs on the big screen said that Reverend and the Makers were on, but when the backdrop was put up and it said 'The Enemy' I started screaming my head off! They played a f**king amazing set! Kasabian we're awesome, obviously, i actually became converted into liking them, i wasn't that into them before, and Oasis, well, they we're good, (The Enemy were better though, you have to admit it) Oasis did play a bloody awesome set though. Noel was awesome! He asked if anyone was there the other night when the generator blew, and did you ask for your money back you cheeky c**ts! and I thought, they we're there, got their money back, and came to see them again!!! Liam was being slightly retarded, putting his tamberine on his head and then just standing there 'contemplating'. I personally think Noel could do it all by himself!

The whole place was full of dickheads pissing on people, throwing piss about, and starting fights. I got started on once but just walked away. This one guy just walked upto another guy and said "You laughing at me?" and then punched him, i was like, f**king hell, get a life.

But, despite everything that happened, I had an amazing time!

Oh, If you've never been right at the front before, it's not that great, it's where the biggest serges are, and full of people trying to get to the barrier! My friend and I where there for all the bands but decided to head a bit back to watch Oasis because everyone would just be going mental when they where on, One guy fainted in the crowd, had to be pulled out, like me, he probably couldn't breathe, litterally. One guy was also knocked out.

But, if the crowd that Oasis brought to Heaton Park are anything like it's going to be at V. I hope you're very strong, and don't get pissed off easily. OR, the number of people not really liking Oasis outnumbers the people that do and then stop all the stupid piss throwers and that. Some people at that gig really did need to get a life. But, it WAS only a select few, modst of them where nice people :blink:

Well went to see Oasis yesterday and they were really good I don't think fans will be disappointed... I know people said about Liams voice been fooked but Noel sings half the set anyways so I really enjoyed them and all the support too Enemy were fantastic defo be seeing them at V :) However and it does pain me to say this the crowd were scary I have never seen so many pissed piss throwing idiots in one place during all the support sets there was stuff flying everywhere and it was quite aggressive at times which was a shame but when Oasis came on it was all good as everyone was loving the music but earlier in the day scary!!! :blink: which worries me as actual Oasis set will be fine I think but we gonna have a lot of bloody idiots going nuts during day, maybe it will be okay I don't know but yesterday was nuts I've not seen anything like it in all my gig/festie times tbh :) but Oasis were really good and i'm sure people will really enjoy It wasn

I can't imagine the atmosphere topping the River Plates gig... If it's half as good as this at V (hopefully it will be from all the day ticket holders just going for Oasis), it'll be incredible, whether you like them or not.

Was also there last night :O

The positives: Awesome set list - nice to see them adding Roll with it, My big mouth and Live forever since I saw them in Liverpool last year. Great performance by the band. Kasabian and The Enemy were also great.... so glad The Enemy were back in time for Saturday. Definitely check those out if you're going to V, great couple of albums behind them.

The negatives: As usual, the crowd for Oasis contains a lot bad ones. Luckily the folks near me were alright, but you could see dozens of drunks and people getting dragged out by security. They also didnt let enough in the "golden circle" meaning people in the back section were too far away with a massive patch of grass in front of them and the sound being too quiet... and it was freezing!

Having seen Oasis twice on this tour (along with a few other bands on their day at V) I decided to only go for the Killers day this year at V. For those going to see them at V though it should be a great set anyway. Only tip I can say is to stand to the side. Most of the trouble/drunks tend to be in the middle with the main crush.