could they possibly come up with anybody more ridiculas tahn status quo- is there anybody who would actually choose to see them

Guest crashnburn

surely the most corporate rock sellout band in history they had a 40 year career based on one tune. and have never had the good grace , hey maybe they were good for a time in the 60's. (only knew thy'd done an other song as they did the man utd cup final song which is sad cause they weren't even man u fans.) We had shaky last year but at least he was bad in a funny way

Basically generations of music fans have grown up hating them so what are they doing there At least other novely acts put on the pyramid in previous years had a bit of comedy value.

can eavis do worse next year

only west life could be worse. dull and you cannot actually tell the difference between any of their songs.

I don't actually mind them playing there as i can quite easily be somwhere else ,I'just shocked - they seem so un glaston bury not even fun enough to be a novelty band is it a scientific experiment by eavis to see whether the glastonbury crowd will basically go to see and enjoy an act on the pyramid stage however bad they are . as proved by jay z last year.

So the last point don't go to see the quo don't just cheer any old crap or eavis will fill the pyramid with crap and you will be to blame. Who knows les dennis could be there next year

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're there and they'll be a giggle so I expect loads to turn up for a mass Rocking All Over The World. Looking forward to it to be honest and they're no less pointless than Rolf Harris, Shakin Stevens, Bjorn Again, Tom Jones or Shirley Bassey which I can't recall anyone complaining about.

surely the most corporate rock sellout band in history they had a 40 year career based on one tune. and have never had the good grace , hey maybe they were good for a time in the 60's. (only knew thy'd done an other song as they did the man utd cup final song which is sad cause they weren't even man u fans.) We had shaky last year but at least he was bad in a funny way

Basically generations of music fans have grown up hating them so what are they doing there At least other novely acts put on the pyramid in previous years had a bit of comedy value.

can eavis do worse next year

only west life could be worse. dull and you cannot actually tell the difference between any of their songs.

I don't actually mind them playing there as i can quite easily be somwhere else ,I'just shocked - they seem so un glaston bury not even fun enough to be a novelty band is it a scientific experiment by eavis to see whether the glastonbury crowd will basically go to see and enjoy an act on the pyramid stage however bad they are . as proved by jay z last year.

So the last point don't go to see the quo don't just cheer any old crap or eavis will fill the pyramid with crap and you will be to blame. Who knows les dennis could be there next year

Edited by Chazeboy

Galsto always had a tradition of cheesy acts on the pyramid. I for one quite fancy a mass sing along to "rockin all over the world" with the sun shining (hopefully).

There's plenty of other stuff for sophisticates to keep themselves busy with

They're there and they'll be a giggle so I expect loads to turn up for a mass Rocking All Over The World. Looking forward to it to be honest and they're no less pointless than Rolf Harris, Shakin Stevens, Bjorn Again, Tom Jones or Shirley Bassey which I can't recall anyone complaining about.

Well, I will put my hand up and say I wanna see Status Quo!

Its all about 'fun in the sun' and I bet a bit of 'rockin all over the world' would go down a treat!

Glasto is a great place to find out about new bands, it is also a great place to hear accomplished bands who write superb lyrics and play their instruments masterfully (oo-er)...

BUT... we should not forget the bands that make us wanna just dance around and have fun.

I give Status Quo a big thumbs up!

MrPloppy

If you've ever been to a Cup Final or seen your team win a Championship or get promoted you'll know that Quo can be a communal joy!

Beer + Quo + Sun = fun

I think I'm right in saying the Quo play sell out gigs at Christmas every year at Wembley. I know people who see them on a regular basis and it's a good, fun show.

I'm not a fan but there are a few songs that'll get everyone going. I'd say you might be surprised by how many songs they'll play that you suddenly go..oh, I know that. Well, at least two or three!

And check out 'Pictures of matchstick men' for something you're probably not expecting from them.

Who's been riding the cotton pony, eh?!

The Quo aren't my cup of tea, but I'd quite like to see Caroline. I'll pop my head round and see if they're any good.

I was no lover of SQ nor Queen but found myself at a Queen concert where Quo were on erlier in the day, some years ago admitedly. Quo were great fun, the whole crowd joined in and had smiles on faces, twas a great feeling. I'm not bashing Queen but as a contrast they were depressing :(