Tips for securing a space blanket to the outside of a tent

Guest titch juicy

Now i know this forum is populated almost exclusively by helpful folk....so with that in mind; has anyone attached a reflective space blanket to the outside of their tent before, in order to avoid waking up at 7am in a pool of sweat due to the extremely warm and sunny festival we're gonna defintely have this year? And if so, how did you do it?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried that...didnt work. And tbh...the noise from every stage around you, every flag flapping in the wind, tents generally making tenty flapping noises, guitars and radios at the campsites, the shouts of 'I'm Spartacus', general chitchat around the campfire will all totally drown out the sound of an ickle bit of rustling from a couple of harmless space blankets trying to keep tent occupants cool/warm! :O If that annoys you then how is 5 days surrounded by the other noises of Glasto going to affect you? :P A nearby neighbour snoring ridiculously loudly is far more annoying!

Tried that...didnt work. And tbh...the noise from every stage around you, every flag flapping in the wind, tents generally making tenty flapping noises, guitars and radios at the campsites, the shouts of 'I'm Spartacus', general chitchat around the campfire will all totally drown out the sound of an ickle bit of rustling from a couple of harmless space blankets trying to keep tent occupants cool/warm! <_< If that annoys you then how is 5 days surrounded by the other noises of Glasto going to affect you? :D A nearby neighbour snoring ridiculously loudly is far more annoying!

I suffer from a condition called misophonia ;) ....I find certain noises intolerable. Rustling is one of them. Crisp packets, sweet wrappers and space blankets included.

Chit chat, people shouting, flags and tents flapping dont cause me a problem..

Im not being arsey, its just the way I was made... :P

Trust me...I would love to get through life with out being totally irritated by the ickle bit of rustling. <_<

Oh my God - you could totally go on the rampage, charging round the campsite, grabbing those space blankets and chomping them into small pieces before trampling them underfoot, yelling "NO MORE RUSTLING! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

Then striding back to your tent, pieces of dead space blanket everywhere, with confused people staring out of their tent porches at you.

That would be legendary. Glastonbury meets Falling Down.

Oh my God - you could totally go on the rampage, charging round the campsite, grabbing those space blankets and chomping them into small pieces before trampling them underfoot, yelling "NO MORE RUSTLING! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

Then striding back to your tent, pieces of dead space blanket everywhere, with confused people staring out of their tent porches at you.

That would be legendary. Glastonbury meets Falling Down.

I see your point. But thats actually a reason space blankets work. Not only do they not conduct heat (much) they don't transmit it (allow it to pass through). Whereas a black bin bag does the former, but not the latter. So a space blanket will always win, if you haven't noticed, i'm a bit of a physics geek :lol:

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread 'cos am seriously considering buying a few space blankets and bulldog clips... hate coming back to a tent that is an orange oven, and I value sleep post-sunrise!

But... the rustling... is it really that annoying given the amount of background noise I imagine will be going on 24 hours a day? Has anyone ever gone postal after camping next to a crinkly silver blimp?

So, space blankets - A godsend or work of the devil?