Tips for securing a space blanket to the outside of a tent

Guest titch juicy

Now i know this forum is populated almost exclusively by helpful folk....so with that in mind; has anyone attached a reflective space blanket to the outside of their tent before, in order to avoid waking up at 7am in a pool of sweat due to the extremely warm and sunny festival we're gonna defintely have this year? And if so, how did you do it?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clothes pegs, lots & lots of clothes pegs B)

Now i know this forum is populated almost exclusively by helpful folk....so with that in mind; has anyone attached a reflective space blanket to the outside of their tent before, in order to avoid waking up at 7am in a pool of sweat due to the extremely warm and sunny festival we're gonna defintely have this year? And if so, how did you do it?

Bulldog clips are pricey and have sharp edges.

The best clothes pegs are the hurricane sort especially the nifty fluoro sort:

2320566161_30d98e357c.jpg

Available from your nearest Morrisons or Asda. The clip is large enough but also strong enough to go around tentpoles.

Make sure though that you buy up to 4 silver blankets at least cos it gets bloody windy at the Big G. The first set of blankies may rip after a couple of days. There will be wear and tear regardless. YOu need at least 2 for a reasonable size tent btw.

I just dug out the 200 spare ones I bought for Glasto 2 years ago. :D

Hmm, that's a shame. Maybe a square of gaffer tape on both sides, then an eyelet through that?

Nope, although it will help a little, you need to reflect that sun before it enters the flysheet - that's where there's less ventilation, so heat build-up is a problem.

Just peg the blanket to the outside of the tent. It works, its easy, it insulates you at night so the tent stays warm but it cools by day. Tis ace, tried and tested for the past 3 years with the aforementioned fluoro pegs, no need for discussion just do it folks! :D
Edited by r0cky

Good work!

Can't help thinking of this though :D ...

10065556.JPG