Injuries, Ailments, & Afflictions 2009

Guest Storm_NL

As is traditional, as Glastonbury approaches, one tends to find themselves struck down with chance injuries, illnesses, or Acts Of Dog, which puts one's very life in doubt.. or worse still, raises the possibility of Non Festival Attendance... or at least attendance in a somewhat diminished capacity.

Who wants to start the ball rolling this year?

Bring forth your sicknesses! Tell us about your chance accidents! :unsure:

At the moment, I am suffering from a "wrenched shoulder".

I don't know what's wrong with it, it's just bloody painful.

Obviously, rucksack carrying could be an issue...

Hopefully, if it persists, a few pints of cider will provide the necessary anaesthetic effect... :unsure:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my group broke his foot around christmas time and has had to wear one of those big boot things they make you wear whilst it heals. So, he's walking home work from work about three weeks ago, gets his boot thing caught in the ground and falls over, sounds harmless enough right? WRONG! Just from that fall he managed to break both thighs, upper and lower right arm and 8 ribs!

One of my group broke his foot around christmas time and has had to wear one of those big boot things they make you wear whilst it heals. So, he's walking home work from work about three weeks ago, gets his boot thing caught in the ground and falls over, sounds harmless enough right? WRONG! Just from that fall he managed to break both thighs, upper and lower right arm and 8 ribs!

Well, i'm currently in the middle of the most pointless monthly cycle in the history of monthly cycles.

Which means that next months will come early, no doubt on the way down to Glasto and it will be a bastard. I'll end up with cramps and everything.

If it does I'm going to get pissed and perform a hysterectomy with tent peg and a plastic spoon.

I dettached my retina in the middle of Jan and 4 operations later it is still not right - just blurry in my right eye.

Hopefully I will receive good news at my various check ups between now and the start of Glasto.

Not been to work for 4 months but unless I go completely blind in both eyes I am going!!!!

At least I have a legitimate reason not to drive... <_<

Edited by denno69

I'm always impressed by the number of people at Glastonbury in plaster, or on crutches, or just extremely ill... whatever the malady, they're damn well going to have a good time, barring death or dismemberment...

Proper Glasto spirit, that is... :P

Proper commiserations for the broken thigh/arm/foot guy... If this were a race, he'd be in the lead so far... although that's probably a totally inappropriate analogy... <_<

Well, i'm currently in the middle of the most pointless monthly cycle in the history of monthly cycles.

Which means that next months will come early, no doubt on the way down to Glasto and it will be a bastard. I'll end up with cramps and everything.

If it does I'm going to get pissed and perform a hysterectomy with tent peg and a plastic spoon.

As is traditional, as Glastonbury approaches, one tends to find themselves struck down with chance injuries, illnesses, or Acts Of Dog, which puts one's very life in doubt.. or worse still, raises the possibility of Non Festival Attendance... or at least attendance in a somewhat diminished capacity.

Who wants to start the ball rolling this year?

Bring forth your sicknesses! Tell us about your chance accidents! <_<

At the moment, I am suffering from a "wrenched shoulder".

I don't know what's wrong with it, it's just bloody painful.

Obviously, rucksack carrying could be an issue...

Hopefully, if it persists, a few pints of cider will provide the necessary anaesthetic effect... :P

I've currently got Labyrinthitis and keep faaling over in a slightly comical way. Put me right off rock climbing I can tell you.

"Labyrinthitis is an inner ear infection that causes a delicate structure deep inside your ear, called the labyrinth, to become inflamed.

The labyrinth is a maze of fluid-filled channels that control your hearing and balance. There is one inside each ear, in the bone at the base of your skull.

When your labyrinth becomes inflamed, the information it sends to your brain will be different from the information sent from your unaffected ear and from your eyes. This difference can make you feel dizzy, or you may feel that you are moving when you are still (vertigo).

If the hearing part of the labyrinth is inflamed, then your hearing can be affected."

I have been having recurring bouts of gout, and my medication has been making me vomit. Also I got hit by a car, and had to go to hospital because my stupid big nose wouldn't stop bleeding.

I singed my eyebrows in an amusing Beltane Bonfire incident, and I have diarrhea.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan