Recording a Skype chat

Guest timespeedsup

I want to record and playback a computer voice-chat, as an mp3 say. Is there a way of doing this with Skype? Or indeed another easy-to-use computer chat thingamy like (if they work) Google Talk or MSN?

Or am I going to have to set up a tape player next to my speakers? :D

I want to record and playback a computer voice-chat, as an mp3 say. Is there a way of doing this with Skype? Or indeed another easy-to-use computer chat thingamy like (if they work) Google Talk or MSN?

Or am I going to have to set up a tape player next to my speakers? :D

Thanks all - currently trying to work out why Pamela does not keep the mp3 of a test call after I finish the call - it's there as I record, then it disappears when I stop. :lol:

Yes we have audacity, my kids used to use it. It can be used to record a call between two people using computers?

• 10 months later...

Or am I going to have to set up a tape player next to my speakers? :P

Getting really technical (what I use at work...used :P )

You could use wireshark

This is a network analysers and you would set it up to capture the stream from the radio thingy.....

It would then have to be converted to RTP and then to WAV

Once WAV you can then do as you will....

However this would take a little know how and also ensure you capturing the correct stream (done by opening the stream headers and checking the IP addresses)

good luck

Edited by strudders

Or am I going to have to set up a tape player next to my speakers? :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...