Kings of Leon?

Guest robsadler

wow.....not many people like KOL these days.

have you always hated them? is it because you don't like 'indie' music in general?

the first three albums are immense although i have to admit i am slightly disappointed with the latest even though it has made them massive.

it does piss me off a little bit that they are now so popular that my mates who are not into music like them but that doesn't make them bad!

they are really good live too.

anyone like them except for me?!

robx

:D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you always hated them? is it because you don't like 'indie' music in general?

the first three albums are immense although i have to admit i am slightly disappointed with the latest even though it has made them massive.

it does piss me off a little bit that they are now so popular that my mates who are not into music like them but that doesn't make them bad!

robx

Edited by Benj

used to like them in the earlier days when they sounded raw and weren't so popular. If they started writing songs like 'Mollys Chambers' again, I'd probably be interested, but everyone likes them these days because they do average pop songs :D

Yes as said before, they basically played a few years ago, and since then they've got worse.

Very dull live, and just a very obvious, uninspiring choice.

Also, combined with AM there is no room for them both (IMO). They wouldnt have had Metallica headline last year, and Slayer headline The Killers day

I really miss the old kings of leon, even though they are at a number 1# place in my favourite ever bands i still think their new album lacked the more rocky, unique tracks for example mollys chambers and four kicks.

This guys are probly the main reason im going to leeds this year !

But, when they went mainstream, they attracted the people who dont really know much about music with their single sex on fire. Mainly down to the catchy name, and the amount of times it was played on radio 1. Kind of a shame but i still love them !

Theve entered the mainstream which alot of people for one reason or another seem to dispise any band under that category.

They are a great live band, they still play the old hits off Y&YM and aha shake heartbreak which is good IMO there not like sell outs like Razorlight who seem to have forgotten up all night was the reason they became so big and slipway fires is the reason by the end of the year they will no longer be a bnd! IMO KOL new stuff isnt that bad, just a little different to their earlier stuff, I think because of the times was a good bridge from the old stuff to the new stuff, but its great to see how they have progressed and developed over the years. I wasnt their at Glasto last year, but by all accounts they pulled it off.

You cant also argue the fact that their new album has been in the top ten albums for how long?

It's annoying because Kings Of Leon and Arctic Monkeys could easily play on the same day, leaving room for another, more worthy headliner.

As big as they are, seeing AM and KOL occupy the same spot as bands such as Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Pixies, Pearl Jam, Pumpkins etc. it just doesn't seem right...

It's annoying because Kings Of Leon and Arctic Monkeys could easily play on the same day, leaving room for another, more worthy headliner.

As big as they are, seeing AM and KOL occupy the same spot as bands such as Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Pixies, Pearl Jam, Pumpkins etc. it just doesn't seem right...

But AM and KOL are big enough to headline!

I really don't get why people think that just because they don't like a band that means they shouldn't headline. FR take into account the actual size of a band rather than the personal opinions of a few people on a message board when deciding headliners.

Edited by VCK

But AM and KOL are big enough to headline!

I really don't get why people think that just because they don't like a band that means they shouldn't headline. FR take into account the actual size of a band rather than the personal opinions of a few people on a message board when deciding headliners.

But not at the same time.. Its the same genre, both modern. Last few years youve had like the legendary (Radiohead), The mdoern ones (either AM or KOL not both) then the band with a broder appeal like RHCP, Rage and The Foos.

They are big enough to headline, but together its just, well.. bollocks

KOL are big enough to headline yes, and they do their old stuff. They aren't bad, but the fact they play so many festivals means its nothing special.

When Rage played people got excited because theres not much chance of seeing them elsewhere. With KOL, whatever your opinion, its such a boring choice for headliner and IMO they should be underneath Arctics. After all they played underneath The Verve last year at V Fest. :D

I actually have been listening to Aha Shake Heartbreak all day today (don't ask me why... just wanted a random cd to listen to) and think it's a really good CD. Not to keen on the newer stuff, doesn't appeal to me as much but i will definately watch them if they ain't gonna be a major clash with anyone thats to be announce who I might love LOL

robx

i really love KoL and they were brilliant last year at glasto.

but i dunno, i'm just not that excited about seeing them. maybe it's because i saw them last year and was so hyped about it cos i'd wanted to see them for years. and now i have so it's not as big a thing.

but i also think it's because they've been so overexposed. i can't listen to their new stuff at all just because i've just heard it too much. and i did like 'because of the times' and 'only by the night' last year too. it's all radio 1s fault.

and also, it pisses me off that all my friends thought they were crap when i was trying to get them to listen to them a few years back and now they love them. it's pretty amazing how much influence the media has.