Who will be announced this week?

Guest RaymondM

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was on the official Leeds Festival site news page: "Sun, 05 Apr 2009

special NME/R1 stage announcement

A week on from tickets go on sale we have announced three headliners, and 25 other names.

Get ready for a very special announcement for the NME/Radio1 stage tomorrow..."

Looks like we're getting a big announcement. Not sure if those 3 headliners & 25 other names include the ones previously announced. Was meant to be 11am this morning, but has been pushed back for whatever reason.

Edited by wilko8

This was on the official Leeds Festival site news page: "Sun, 05 Apr 2009

special NME/R1 stage announcement

A week on from tickets go on sale we have announced three headliners, and 25 other names.

Get ready for a very special announcement for the NME/Radio1 stage tomorrow..."

Looks like we're getting a big announcement. Not sure if those 3 headliners & 25 other names include the ones previously announced. Was meant to be 11am this morning, but has been pushed back for whatever reason.

No Age, Deerhunter, Jay Reatard, Barn Owl, Vivian Girls, Times New Viking and of course Black Lips.

Out of them, Black Lips, Deerhunter and Barn Owl would warrant a ticket purrrrchaaase.

Still itching for Modest Mouse but every year i get let down. Atleast they've pulled Deftones for 09 though...

i'm really hoping weezer and the get up kids (back together again!!!!!!) play.

despite what people have said i couldn't see weezer on the nme stage.

they're more likely to be headlining the lock up stage or be on the main stage surely?

personally i would also like to (realistically) see........

1990s, dogs, tv on the radio, death cab for cutie, ocean colour scene, soulwax (and 2 many dj's).

robx

:)

I'd love to see the libertines reformed and headlining the NME tent. That would definately make my Reading. can't see it though.

judging by the 'special headliner' talk i cant see it being anyone other than the cure, they are the only ones out of the rumours that warrant that kind of talk

They'd headline the main stage.

So.... no announcement.

Is anyone else just a little f**ked off? First it would be 11 this morning, then 7 this evening and the only reason it hasn't been announced is because NME want to sell more of their shitty little rags. Well I won't be buying one. We've all paid for our tickets ffs. Just announce it or don't say it's going to be announced at all.