Statement from Melvin re: price hike

Guest gregory

What upsets me more than anything is the directness of it.

£5-10 a year I can live with. In real terms that's on average the cost increase, plus a little bit for themselves.

If they really needed to raise more money there are other things they could have done, such as a return to an overall sponsor (like Carling), a hike in food stall pitch rates (seeing as they're now going to be getting more business) or increasing car parking prices to borderline outrageous levels (if they're truly committed to a green festival).

I really dont see this as any different to a band who suddenly goes big and then claims they need to charge more money for gigs to pay for better lighting, security, sound etc. When in reality we all know its because their stock has risen and they want to make more money. Who can blame them, the market value of these tickets means the organisers can increase ticket prices if they choose. If i was one of the organisers i would do exactly the same. Its just common sense, why charge £10 for an item when people are willing to pay £20.

Do people really expect the orgnaisers to release a statement saying we are increasing ticket prices because fans are willing to pay for it and we want to mae ourselves richer. Come on get in the real world.

Do people really expect the orgnaisers to release a statement saying we are increasing ticket prices because fans are willing to pay for it and we want to mae ourselves richer. Come on get in the real world.
Edited by beLIEveR

LIES!

its all about money!

and the more they can take from us, the better, the recession is an excuse!

really, you should spend a little time understanding basic economics before coming out with such a statement. :lol:

While the ticket price increase might be more than the increased costs in booking bands (it's impossible for outsiders to know one way or another), it's certainly the case that most US acts are paid in dollars, and the change in exchange rates will have increased the costs of booking those acts.