Chris Cornell self confirmed

Guest luckysalt

http://www.chriscornell.com/

Its there on his website on the tour section, says playing the Saturday, interesting cus I wonder where on the line up he's gunna play, we've all been arguing about main stage spots and second stage with Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, The Prodigy & Pendulum all self confirmed for the Saturday and now Chris Cornell

Could Cornell headline second stage and we get Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, The prodigy and Pendulum all main stage?

I hope this is true :rolleyes:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.chriscornell.com/

Its there on his website on the tour section, says playing the Saturday, interesting cus I wonder where on the line up he's gunna play, we've all been arguing about main stage spots and second stage with Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, The Prodigy & Pendulum all self confirmed for the Saturday and now Chris Cornell

Could Cornell headline second stage and we get Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, The prodigy and Pendulum all main stage?

I hope this is true :blink:

Considering he was booked as 2nd headliner last year it shows that the competition has definately given download a swift kick up the arse. Is his new album really that bad, i'm intruiged as it seems to have enraged a lot of people haha. Just give us the full day running order so we know which big bands will clash and i'll give you the cash in dirty old 2p's :rolleyes:

Nice Find :rolleyes:

Yeah it'll make perfect sense if Slipknot are mainstage headliners and Cornell is second stage. Awesome!!

He's not retarded, he's not going to be playing tons off his new album.

Anyway, it's good news if he's playing second stage and it sorts out the whole Prodigy/Slipknot situation.

All that said, it makes more sense for it to be Slipknot/Manson/Cornell and then Prodigy/Pendulum on the second stage. I know Pendulum are supposed to be on the mainstage, but that just looks a better fit to me.

Some of his solo stuff WAS good. Back in 97. And he was STUNNING at Hyde Park before Aerosmith 2 years back, a brilliant combination of Soundgarden and Temple of the Dog and renditions of Audioslave good enough to persuade me they're actually worth listening to. Although if he wastes more than 2 or 3 songs worth of time on the new album he deserves to be shot. It's dreadful.

Some of his solo stuff WAS good. Back in 97. And he was STUNNING at Hyde Park before Aerosmith 2 years back, a brilliant combination of Soundgarden and Temple of the Dog and renditions of Audioslave good enough to persuade me they're actually worth listening to.
Edited by worm

i think artists playing their new albums start to finish are self-indulgent and arrogant, but hey, maybe thats just me... :D

but i guess it depends on the artist. i'd watch Gojira do it and no mistake...

Edited by Axl

Worse than that, is of course, the onstage 'jam'. Oh dear, bands who do that can f**k right off. The arrogance of people to think that i've paid good money to see them dick around on stage with their instruments (I'm talking to you, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers).

It's all right if you're a die-hard fan of a band, but otherwise I agree. Generally I just want bands I see to just play the hits. As long as it's advertised as such (playing the entire album) then i've no problem with it.

Worse than that, is of course, the onstage 'jam'. Oh dear, bands who do that can f**k right off. The arrogance of people to think that i've paid good money to see them dick around on stage with their instruments (I'm talking to you, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers).

Edited by worm

Yes he was. He was also outstanding on the 2nd at Shepherds Bush.

He was due to play the full new album from start to finish as he had done at every other date on the tour. Three songs in and he disbanded that approach and by five songs in he had played Gun.

f**k me yes!

*ended on Like Suidice too*

It's all right if you're a die-hard fan of a band, but otherwise I agree. Generally I just want bands I see to just play the hits. As long as it's advertised as such (playing the entire album) then i've no problem with it.

SOE is right, it's about providing a service as much as anything.

If Cornell wants to be artistic, he can 'do what he wants' in his Mums basement. If he's charging people for tickets, then he's got to either play what they want/expect, or expect criticism. It's as simple as that. And if he isn't aware of that already, he's going to find out pretty damn quickly when he plays Download.