Neil Young now out

Guest elfimaju

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

much as i like kasabian im not sure wether theyd be classed as big enough to headline the pyramid, i know in the past theyve done the warm up slot to headline but theyve slipped from the limelight a bit. Personally id love to see radiohead fill in, but seriously doubt it would be.

If Neil Young headlining IOW means he can't headline Glasto, then it puts doubt over the idea of the Prodigy headlining (as they are also headling IOW).

Kasabian makes most sense to me. They have a new album coming out, they have a gap in their tour dates, and it would be a natural progression to take a headlining slot. Plus the friday is usually reserved for a band that appeals to young people.

On wikipedia it says White Stripes are making a new album will a summer 2009 release, so it could be them headlining. But I think since they are only just coming back into doing live dates after a two year absence that it might be a bit too late for them to take a top slot.

another possibility is moby.

he's playing werchter classic (the one day event at the same location, generally with more of a oldie/legend (this year being depeche mode) on the 20th june, so should be around.

would be 6 years since his last headliner performance which went down a treat. think this makes the most sense to me actually.

prodigys headlining IOW on friday so can rule them out...

also IOW goers are ungrateful bastards, IOW made a decision to get one of the best acts in the last 30 years, and people slanging him off are pure ignorant when its obvious they havent even gave a song or two a try, if they have the same opinion after fair enough, but they are slagging like they "know hes shite"

anyway white stripes get my vote, what about kaisers or snow patrol would be inkeeping with last few years indie policy,, even if they are cock

sorry i went a bit f**king crazy with the f**king swearing, ive been working from 5am lol

Edited by srvman