Google Latitude

Guest Sam Crawley

I'm usually against this kind of thing, but I might twitter (although I think the verb is tweet) Glastonbury. Would be amazing to just have a personal collection of memories I could revisit

why not spend the 5 days with your phone switched off, and lose yourself in the fest?

I know, I know - there's just too many people that JUST HAVE TO be able to be in contact with you at any minute of every day of your whole existence, and the whole world would stop if you turned your phone off for even just an hour. :P

Edited by Boris

I get what you're saying... but I actually find I have had a lot more freedom at Glasto since I started taking a phone. I do indeed roam and do random things etc. but there was always an element of being aware of the time because I'd agreed to meet x at y at approx z o'clock. Out usual system was 'if we don't meet at z o'clock try again every hour until we meet'.... It was always a bind knowing you had to be somewhere and you couldn't rearrange... or vice-versa you were hanging about waiting for someone instead of disappearing off into the festy. Since the mobile none of this is necessary... you can call or text and just say 'ah sorry I'm going to have a Gong Shower talk later... or I'll not be meeting you at the mixing desk for the Ukelele Orchestra.. I'm watching two dwarves have a sword fight... laters!..

That Google latitude is very impressive but I very much doubt I would use it (or be able to!) at Glasto.

Heh, I remember we had arranged to meet up at the stones Borris. You turned up about an hour late. One quick phone call, and I came to the bottom of the field to meet you to show you where we were all sitting. That was a good night/morning.

Just to reiterate, for those that don't like them, turn em off.

makes no difference, you'll still have a great weekend either way. :)