Stereophonics & Razorlight Sayurday

Guest phillchill

Yep confirmed, just read the email

STEREOPHONICS AND RAZORLIGHT CONFIRMED TO HEADLINE SATURDAY NIGHT AT THIS YEARS ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL

Stereophonics and Razorlight are two more big names added to the already explosive Isle of Wight Festival line up, as they prepare to rock the main stage on Saturday 13th June. The legendary festival returns for another year with what is promised to be the highlight of the festival season

As a double header thats not bad!!!!.....nead a BIG BIG name for Sunday night!!!!!!! as both The Prodigy and Stereophonics would be unlikely to headline the main stage at any of the other festivals, neither did at V last year.

Edited by SERRIDGER

I am happy with Stereophonics think they will be really good a mate of mine saw them a few months a go and said they were really good and i think in the summer they will be a really good band to fit the mood.

Razorlight though not to fussed about most of their stuff sounds the same so not over the moon with them but ah well

Edited by Topshop Lass

This is bad beyond belief. So far we've got Prodigy, Razorlight & Stereophonics. Couldn't he get an act that hasn't played there before?

I forgot, The Charlatans on Sunday in the Big Top.

Edited by pc18568

Prehaps theres a bigger band being annouced for the Sinday, or am I just getting my hopes up ?

Was just going to say that. Maybe there's just so many festivals and such a small choice of bands that the usual suspects end up playing year after year. I've been going to festivals for a fair while now and must admit with the exception of Glasto, I'm getting a bit bored seeing the same Killers/Razorlight/KOL headliners.

im pretty disapointed, slightly excited about stereophonics, but i dont get razorlight no other festival would have them headlining. Plus the fact the festival seems to be having the same acts over and over again. Does this mean we should expect coldplay for the sunday?

I agree the bands don't seem so big but i am a huge Phonics fan and really like Razorlight. I was considering selling my tickets after seeing fridays line up as i'd rather eat my own vomit than see any of the friday acts, but thankfully things are looking up.

Got to say that they need to pull it out of the bag for sunday to maintain the hard earned respect they've got.

I can't help thinking that money has been held back from Saturday to pay a mega-act on Sunday.

The same happened last year with the Sex Pistols and Ian Brown pretty average in my opinion but saved enough cash to pay for the Police on Sunday.

With pressure from Glastonbury - who have Springsteen and possibly Fleetwood Mac - I think John Giddings is in deep negotiations with Saint Peter to release Elvis and John Lennon for the Sunday night spot.

I can't help thinking that money has been held back from Saturday to pay a mega-act on Sunday.

The same happened last year with the Sex Pistols and Ian Brown pretty average in my opinion but saved enough cash to pay for the Police on Sunday.

With pressure from Glastonbury - who have Springsteen and possibly Fleetwood Mac - I think John Giddings is in deep negotiations with Saint Peter to release Elvis and John Lennon for the Sunday night spot.