Nine Inch Nails

Guest eFestivals

I can't see them coming to Sonicsphere. Sureley headline material and the massive lights in the sky set which they are probably going to tour europe with before you quite rightly say they are going to disappear for a while is too much of a set to be hauled up before Linkin Park or Metallica. They could play a back to basics type of set but I still think they would want to be headliners and I for one are holding out on my ticket until confirmed.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing though, it really doesn't look as if the Lights in the Sky set up will be coming over here anyway, he says in that entry...

"we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year - much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted."

I can't see them coming to Sonicsphere. Sureley headline material and the massive lights in the sky set which they are probably going to tour europe with before you quite rightly say they are going to disappear for a while is too much of a set to be hauled up before Linkin Park or Metallica. They could play a back to basics type of set but I still think they would want to be headliners and I for one are holding out on my ticket until confirmed.

I saw them in 2007 without any lights at Manchester Apollo and for me they were even better, I am really looking forward to seeing them this year and believe that they will play this festival, trent will go for it with it being new exciting and the prestige of playing Knebworth.

Playing T in the Park with Janes Addiction, mmm maybe thats why its not been announced for Sonisphere yet as both are going to be playing and according to the NIN website yesterday dates for the Janes Addiction/NIN tour will be posted soon....

This is from the T in the Park forum:-

Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails are both set to perform at T In The Park 2009, it was announced today. The acts will headline the NME stage at the festival, which takes place on Fri 10, Sat 11 and Sun 12 July 2009 in Balado, with other headliners including Kings of Leon on Friday, The Killers on Saturday and both Snow Patrol and Blur on Sunday.

Blur are reforming to their original line-up including Graham Coxon for a handful of dates this summer, of which T In The Park is the only Scottish date.

T in the Park with Janes I can't believe that. Do we think they are still on for knebworth? and if they are touring with Jane's...... what are the odds on them showing up at Knebworth too? I think I would die.

Still, I really don't understand why they have not announced NIN yet if they are indeed going to play.

Edited by jackthebassist

Playing T in the Park with Janes Addiction, mmm maybe thats why its not been announced for Sonisphere yet as both are going to be playing and according to the NIN website yesterday dates for the Janes Addiction/NIN tour will be posted soon....

This is from the T in the Park forum:-

Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails are both set to perform at T In The Park 2009, it was announced today. The acts will headline the NME stage at the festival, which takes place on Fri 10, Sat 11 and Sun 12 July 2009 in Balado, with other headliners including Kings of Leon on Friday, The Killers on Saturday and both Snow Patrol and Blur on Sunday.

Blur are reforming to their original line-up including Graham Coxon for a handful of dates this summer, of which T In The Park is the only Scottish date.

I wouldn't go believing that article just yet. I don't think there's any truth to that article, tho am trying to check it out further.

have just spoken with the T in the Park press office, who say they're not playing T in the Park and aren't expected to be announced at a later date.

Normally they'd get cagey when asked if an act will be announced later. The fact that she gave a straight-away 'no' makes me think she was telling the truth.

well Jane's addiction and NIN are going on tour with each other....and trent reznor did say they intend doing some euro festies in july/august time so wont surprise if it still happens. So if NIN are 'tbc' for sonisphere...hope that means we get NIN on the same day aswel