Shout if you love Real Ale

Guest Sam Crawley

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Harrier and Jurrasic (sic) ale's were both excellent.
Edited by Langdale Wolf

Opened pretty late, when we got there at 12, it was open but nothing being sold, they were tapping a couple of barrels, and there was a lot of discusssion/head scratching.

IOt was a bit like a gig, you know when the roadies comes out and everyone gets excited, then groans with disapoointmnet? Like that every time some of the staff came out. Pretty busy when I got there, lot of people near the bar, but than, as it became clear that there wa no beeer, lots of peole wandered off disgruntledly. I saw lots of efests folk, but was too scared to talk to them, although we ended sitting mebbe 10m away.

anyway it opened at about 1, 1.30 and we had a wonderful afternoon sampling all the beers.

Could have done with more staff and more staff who knew what they were doing, but apart from that and the late opening, it was all cool.

Just wish I'd come over and said hello though...

Next year, next year...

I made it up there about 3-ish but I'd been doing a bit much boozing already (8am start -- that's normal for Glasto, right?), I hadn't had anywhere near enough sleep the night before and the sun was starting to get to me. I babbled incoherently to my mates for a couple of pints before crawling back to my tent for a kip.

Next year I'll be good.

Evening all,

Was nice to meet a few of you at the meet, despite the shambolic start to the bar. I recognised the meet, popped into the bar to get a drink, twigged the lack of beer and the sauna-esque temperature and humidity, then came out to say hello, as Mardy should have :D

I saw lots of efests folk, but was too scared to talk to them, although we ended sitting mebbe 10m away.

Ooops double post. So I'll use this to say..

I wasn't very keen on the default ale choices of Otter and Gem. Neither were bad, but they weren't especially tasty, and not right for a summer festival - I'd say you want something lighter and hoppier. Then again, at least this meant they lasted till the end of the fest in most bars..

Edited by Sam Crawley

I wasn't very keen on the default ale choices of Otter and Gem. Neither were bad, but they weren't especially tasty, and not right for a summer festival - I'd say you want something lighter and hoppier. Then again, at least this meant they lasted till the end of the fest in most bars..

5760_114481248209_662883209_2846992_2277596_n.jpg

Oh well remembered Kowalski, we'll drag that up again next year hopefully.

I enjoyed myself that afternoon, it was a lazy afternoon laid back kind of time, not as gregarious as the cider bus meetings.

same again next year? Maybe with a 1pm start time.

It was good to meet you all.