Best food at glasto.

Guest Singularity

Agreed, the Goan fish curry place near Jazz World is great. For breakfast I enjoyed bacon baguettes from the Danish place, though of course it would be better to find somewhere with English bacon! Innocent smoothie place has Glasto special innocent smoothie tubs which are yum too. My favourite coffee shop was a small place on the way from Other round to the left as you look at the stage, small, friendly and reasonably priced.

Food lowlights were a dodgy place with Chinese food on one side and Western (?) the other side, big tent with seating in the middle, the Chinese food which I had was crap, the kind you'd get at the cheapest buffet. The lard-friend chips as you went into Shangri-La on the left weren't as good as they sound either! Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for them.. B)

Edited by Sam Crawley

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH YEAH OGGIES!!!!!

that is proper handy festival food. love them.

I'd avoid bacon butties from the campsite vans, on thursday morning I actually nearly died because the shitty bacon was soo fatty and undercooked a massive piece of fat got lodged in my throat, I had to reach down my throat and pull it out with my fingers as my mate just sat there laughing his head off at my predicament.

There was a fish curry stall next to the Jazz World Stage last year - well off the beaten track, so they were nowhere near as busy as they deserved to be. They were doing a Glasto Special - some kind of mackeral dish - it was £7 which they cooked to order and it took several minutes. Really great quality fresh food - absolutely superb, am hoping they are there next year as well. On a more mass produced level I always have to have the Jamaican Chicken at least once. Last year I floated off on a happy cloud after Leonard Cohen and found myself at the Park Stage watching My Morning Jacket, the Jamaican Chicken and chips from the nearby outlet hit the spot perfectly.

The fish curry was quality think we had it 4 or 5 times during the 5 days.

Did someone say 'Giant Yorkshire Pudding'?

SNC10087.jpg

Also, avoid the pizza at all costs, I last had some in 2005 to the left of the orange tent and it was like a crappy supermarket frozen pizza which had not been cooked properly.

The Yeo Valley frozen yoghurt is nice and refreshing and a big tub is very reasonably priced

the chaptai man was amazing. found it en route fron pennards to the jazz world. bit vague but it was a peice of piss to find. Dont over do the green chillies if you dont like getting friendly with the long drops mind

Sounds like there's some really nice food at Glastonbury ;)

I've never been before so how much does everything cost? Is it decent prices or rip-you-off 1 or 2 day festival prices?

Worth taking your own as well as buying while you're there?

Edited by Litts

i won't lie, its not cheap. probably £5 or 6 for a meal. but the quality and variety are amazing.

i buy all my food from stalls, its part of the experience for me, trying all the different stuff, things i've seen in previous years but not tried because there's only so many meals you can eat in a day ;)

my first couple of times i took food to cook on my camp stove but it means heading away from all the interesting stuff back to the campsite on your own to eat some crappy noodles or whatever. it takes a good hour out of the day when you could be doing something more fun.

i won't lie, its not cheap. probably £5 or 6 for a meal. but the quality and variety are amazing.

i buy all my food from stalls, its part of the experience for me, trying all the different stuff, things i've seen in previous years but not tried because there's only so many meals you can eat in a day ;)

my first couple of times i took food to cook on my camp stove but it means heading away from all the interesting stuff back to the campsite on your own to eat some crappy noodles or whatever. it takes a good hour out of the day when you could be doing something more fun.

I've experienced some really terrible food at Glastonbury (I now tend to avoid noodles with tempura veg and pizzas!) but for me it has to be either Square Pies or the anything from Garlic Kitchen. I once had a crepe with orange flower water and sugar, which is probably the most amazing thing Ive ever tasted...however my mind was somewhere else and I can't even remember which field I was in at the time!

Try the Buddhafields Cafe up in the greenfields for the best food ever!! And it's all vegan!. And if you're short of cash you can do some washing up for an hour and get a free meal! :rolleyes:

Pretty much anywhere up in the green fields will serve you a decent meal. Shangri-La had some nice places to eat last year too!