Best food at glasto.

Guest Singularity

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up in the Park on Sunday night/Monday morning, the little Tea & Toast van was absolutely the best thing that we could possibly have found at that time - too late for a proper meal, too early for breakfast. A mug of tea and a couple of slices of toast and peanut butter was champion :P

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of those giant york puds :lol: , look great, taste awful!

As for good healthy well prepared food the "Pilton Porker" is run by really polite nice people. The oldish guy takes your order and tis all cooked to order. A fair selection of different stuff, but the burgers are top notch. It isn't fast food but the wait is well worth it.

Just off the main path near the Jazz World I think.

There's such a variety of really good nosh available it's almost unbelievable for a festi and I almost certainly eat way better than I do any other time of year ! However, I do have to admit recently enjoying shameful dreams of devouring the first of no doubt several of these li'i beauties over the 5 days:

growler.jpg Mmmmmm homer%20drool.jpg

Ooooo, so bad yet so good and all that :lol: A cholesterol nightmare almost on par with the infamous brekky roll ... yum.yum.yum lick.gif

That growler stall is top notch nosh, seconded. Also do some other great fillings too, their tuna melt was particularly good!

Tor valley fajitas are excellent too, run by a local rugby club. £3.50 for a fajita, nachos and salsa, and conveniently next to the cider bus

Im hungry now, turrah! :angry:

Like many others i do love the jamican food stall, however i managed to miss it as glasto this year finding it at latitude. I presume its done by the dame people as there can't be that many stalls that do goat curry and i saw it at v as well so presume they do the festival circuit.

I love the goat curry like everyone else, but am a bit hesitant about eating again as it gave me one hell of a hot shit the next morning at v, not the curries fault but my own weak digestive system.

Apologies for lowering the tone of the topic.

Also the waffle stand at the back of the other stage was great, ice cream and hot waffles=yum yum

Good to see the food stall wars already in full swing.

I think Pie now known as Pure Pie has dropped in quality significantly and therefore Pieminster may be ahead... pie-wise.

For me Garlic Kitchen is a great reliable fallback... I think the vegan burgers someone mentioned in the greenfields must be Queen Delilahs in their pink caravan.... superb veggieburgers... only let down in recent years because they have stopped giving you a plate... now you are supposed to clutch the thing in a cheap serviette and inevitably you drop some on the ground... tight bastards!!

I'm a coffee lover and always interested to find the best places. One measure of a good place is somewhere that will do you a large coffee maybe a latte, and not charge any extra if you want another shot. I think I was successful last year both at Coffee off Jazzaworld and some place I drunkenly found vaguely near the cider bus.

Edited by Boris

I do rather like a good falafel now and again, must try them this year.

The Pret a Manger Falafel Wrap is f**king excellent. *

*This sentence is impossible to write without sounding like a middle class tw@t! And the one thing I'm not is middle class. Tw@t on the other hand.......

I nicked this quote from another website but it sums up perfectly info about my love of Yeo Valley yoghurts, which I always buy :lol:

"The Yeo Valley stall sells the same stuff you can buy in your local supermarket; delicious organic yoghurts from a Somerset dairy farm. But while most producers hike up the price for the captive audience, Yeo Valley sell big pots of yoghurt at a discount price of £1, which makes them one of Glastonbury's best bargains. They do frozen yoghurt too.

The stall is down in Babylon in the F market area; you'll pass it as you walk between the Pyramid and the Other Stage."

A tasty bargain. They are lovely hmmmm esp. when it is hot :lol:

Funny story, I actually didn't know what was in a falafel, but i thought the name was funny so i bought one and ingested the thing. Rather delicious if I say so myself.

But, I have an irregular reaction to... broad beans. I found myself having an allergic reaction near the front of the KoL crowd. :lol:

Shoulda gotten curry lamb..

I nicked this quote from another website but it sums up perfectly info about my love of Yeo Valley yoghurts, which I always buy :O

"The Yeo Valley stall sells the same stuff you can buy in your local supermarket; delicious organic yoghurts from a Somerset dairy farm. But while most producers hike up the price for the captive audience, Yeo Valley sell big pots of yoghurt at a discount price of £1, which makes them one of Glastonbury's best bargains. They do frozen yoghurt too.

The stall is down in Babylon in the F market area; you'll pass it as you walk between the Pyramid and the Other Stage."

A tasty bargain. They are lovely hmmmm esp. when it is hot :P

Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Yeo Valley yoghurts, but concidering your in a field with no access to a fridge... how the hell does anyone eat a full one of those in one go without feeling full or a little bit sickly?!
Edited by DaveMac

I planned to give my tastebuds plenty of choice last year but ended up drunk and living on burgers & hotdogs.

I think the most adventurous I got was when I bought these gorgeous mexican style potato wedges from near the Other stage.. scrumptious they were too!

They did a mean, greasy bacon & egg breakfast bun from the side of The Pyramid stage .... that sorted my head out a few mornings, not exactly a cuisine but it done the trick.

Edited by DAVA

• 1 month later...