The Strokes?

Guest Sam.

i doubt very much they will be touring and if they are getting together in march to start writing then no doubt they will be recording over the summer for an end of year album release.

also take into account that 3 members are going to busy with their own seperate projects this summer.

Fabrizio Moretti with both Little Joy and Megapuss

Nikolai Fraiture with Nickle Eye

Albert Hammond, Jr with his solo stuff

i doubt we'll see The Strokes until 2010 tbh

Meh. It's not announced anywhere yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be soon enough (i.e. March, when the second wave of tickets go on-sale). The Strokes are headlining Reading/Leeds. Last time they headlined the main stage at Reading, we sang happy birthday to one of them (Julian, I think it was?), and then a cake was handed to the front row of the crowd, who devoured it. Happy times.

So, yeah, Strokes for Reading. They're more of a Reading band, tbh.

It says in the article they are set to start work next month, but it would be a lovely surprise, but very unlikely. I think their first UK festival dates will be Leeds/Reading exclusive, either this year or next.

I think i'm right in saying that. Yes. Must have playing Reading three or four times, but never Glastonbury

Think old Albert Hammond has more chance of playing. Loved his solo albums and would be a delight in the park stage :P

Think old Albert Hammond has more chance of playing. Loved his solo albums and would be a delight in the park stage :P

Heh. He headlined (what was) the Carling stage at Reading a coupla years back. He'd fit Glasto's ethos nicely. Yeah, why not? Albert Hammond Jr. for Glasto, The Strokes for Reading. :P

The Strokes are notoriously slow at getting their shit together...being ready by Leeds/Reading would be a stretch for them, and Glasto is completely out of the question. I wouldn't expect their album to be out this year either. Julian Casablancas is the slowest moving man this side of the Mississippi I swear.