Latitude 2009

The Beard

I was thinking of going to reading because of the Radiohead 'serious rumour', but I don't want to go to Reading this year, I'd much rather spend my money on Latitude festival, where the crowd arn't going to be all "NME" (fake) ... I know what I mean. :lol:

i do.

and i'll only be going to reading for the day- its and easy train trip for me so it can be a good day out as i dont have to deal with all the campsite bollox that goes on.

id be amazed if it wasnt radiohead on the sunday this year, which suit me just fine

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the kooks are a different kettle of fish to those sort of bands. damien rice and snow patrol are middle of the road and dull but id imagine appeal to a lot of the "family" types you get at latitude, and franz ferdinand may be a quite trendy nme band but they have got talent and some good songs. the kooks dont have the middle of the road family appeal of damien or snow patrol, and dont have the talent or songs of franz.

for the mainstream friday headliner bloc party seems nailed on i reckon.

kooks are pretty mainstream lad. listen to the first album: more or less every song was a hit single, and deservedly so i must say. even though i don't like them, i've fot to give it to them they know how to write a pop song. That Shine On song from the second album was a bit shit though. So yes i'd argue they have both the required level of talent and MOR appeal, and would say it was possible they'll be there. hope not though :P

Edited by radio

kooks are pretty mainstream lad. listen to the first album: more or less every song was a hit single, and deservedly so i must say. even though i don't like them, i've fot to give it to them they know how to write a pop song. That Shine On song from the second album was a bit shit though. So yes i'd argue they have both the required level of talent and MOR appeal, and would say it was possible they'll be there. hope not though :P

yeah i wasnt denying the kooks are mainstream cos by lordy they are!

just that i dont think latitude would book the kooks as their fanbase seems to made up of dicks, whereas snow patrol, damien rice and franz ferdinand are all very mainstream but their fanbases arent so knobbish, just a bit boring perhaps :)

theres an announcement on the official forum that.......

tickets will go on sale Mon 23rd March.

with a line up announcement at the same time - probably be the same deal as last year, the 3 headliners plus 6 or 7 of the bigger acts - with the rest to filter through over the next month or so.

officially excited now. :blink:

According to someone on Drowned In Sound:

"according to the same source that told me....

the headliners for the past 3 years, this year is going to be...

Belle & Sebastian, Andrew Bird & Animal Collective.

Teenager | 16 Feb '09, 17:27"

Now, I'd actually thought of B&S headlining, but I don't think the other two are big enough, are they?

Would be good though, if they announced that, I'd be buying my ticket immediately!

of Montreal would be great, yes.

Also, Blur, Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, Bloc Party? No thanks, I seriously hope not...

That post did pretty much get shouted down on DiS, in fact - as well as everything else, Belle & Sebastian are officially on hiatus while Stuart works on his God Help The Girl musical project.

It seems to be quite a common assumption that Bloc Party are headlining the Friday, I don't know whether that's just guesswork or if anything more concrete has emerged.

Ok here goes ya mothers

Friday - Bloc Party

Saturday - Sonic Youth

Sunday - Belle and Sebastian and/or Antony and the Johnsons

other bands I would like yto see

Crystal castles

late of the pier

of montreal

peter doherty

maccabees

moldy peaches

blur B)

flight of the conchords

kid harpoon

florence and the maschine

the rakes

jesus and mary chain

If Sonic Youth are too play, surely they'd play the Sunday?

The saturday would be a more 'relaxing' band, well at least that seems to be a trend from the previous years.

The White Stripes are strongly rumoured for Glastonbury festival, does that mean they are releasing a new album soon? And if so, could they also be a possiblity for Latitude?

I may just be hoping too much. :huh:

tv on the radio would b awesome

i think sonic youth will do it cos atr glasto they would probs headline....or at least 2nd headline, and neither blur or springsteen seem like the right peole for them to support.....

what about pavement? lots of talk about theitr reformation, and they were gonna do coachella.......

hopefully!#

or how bout the cure, their havin a comeback in popularity?

someoine find something concrete please!!! :D:D;):D

I've been hoping for The Cure.

Unfortunately Fat Bob seems to have been in a huff with England for a while......they've played festies elsewhere but he's always refused to play one here.....seems to play more gigs in France and the US than at home too.

I am hoping that Latitude's arty nature and size and the fact that they'd be offered a full headline slot will be enough to convince him but I hear he has "some" stubbornness!

Can't get in to TV on the Radio but they have to have chances.

Sonic Youth rumours have been swirling for some time now. An odd one for me as they're a band I've heard of for ages but never heard.....I was exactly the same with The Breeders last year (who I have to say I did not like at all - seemed all style and attitude, with little substance) but I am assured by someone I trust that I will like SY more.

I'd love this lot to play/headline

Arcade Fire

The Cure

Flaming Lips

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Eels

Hold Steady

BRMC

Weezer

Vampire Weekend

Portishead

We'll see. Agree with the Cure comments, Fat Bob seems to have something against this country. Haven't seen them live since 92, would love to see them again. It me and the wife's first Latitude last year, loved it, what a great festival. Well, apart from the thieving chav scum who hit the campsites

Portishead would be soooo good.

.I was exactly the same with The Breeders last year (who I have to say I did not like at all - seemed all style and attitude, with little substance)

I agree, The Breeders were truly awful. I caught one of their drum sticks and actually gave it away to the girl next to me! :unsure:

I'm just so excited for the line up, and of course, for the festival itself.

Edited by radiohea_d