Latitude 2009

The Beard

What about Pavement? there is meant to be a reunion happening.

How bout this -

Friday - The Cure

Saturday - Sonic Youth

Sunday - Belle and Sebastian (or on which ever day the chilled headliner is on....)

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question: do tickets sell out fast?

as, if they announce the lineup at the same time as releasing tix do you have time to check the headliners before you buy?

anddd....can you bring all your own food etc in?

im from aust & going to be over in the uk then...and this looks like one rad festival :lol:

peace

as, if they announce the lineup at the same time as releasing tix do you have time to check the headliners before you buy?

im from aust & going to be over in the uk then...and this looks like one rad festival :lol:

peace

I think the tickets sold out quite fast last year, not like, the same day kind of fast though. So yes, there's time to look at the line-up before buying the tickets. More people will want to go this year as all the previous years have been so good.

I'm not entirely sure on the food aspect as I never atempted, but your not allowed to bring in your own drinks.

And yes, it is a VERY 'rad' festival :lol:

Not rumours......but the "most mentioned" bands (which was a pretty good indication last year) are

Bloc Party

Massive Attack

The Cure

Flaming Lips

Arcade Fire

Leonard Cohen

Portishead

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Morrissey

Bjork

Personally I think Bloc Party are nailed on.....Massive Attack most likely of the rest.....I hope someone convinces Fat Bob that it's a good idea.........

......but I can actually see Scissor Sisters being a surprise booking.

I'd like Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Cure and Arcade Fire again personally.

That would just be... Wow. Bloc Party, The Cure, Flaming Lips, Leonard Cohen, Morrissey... That'd be intense.

im from aust & going to be over in the uk then...and this looks like one rad festival :P

peace

Yes you can take your own food in but no alcohol although last year on the Sunday they were letting alcohol through but I don't know if that was official.

Hey people ive never been to latitude before but am thinking of going this year? I looked at last years line up which was awesome especially the comedy tent. What can I expect in the way of atmosphere? Having been to reading the past four years which is a bit hectic.

Hey people ive never been to latitude before but am thinking of going this year? I looked at last years line up which was awesome especially the comedy tent. What can I expect in the way of atmosphere? Having been to reading the past four years which is a bit hectic.

its VERY different to reading.

its all very relaxed and laid back - on the plus/minus side (depending on your point of view) its very white, middle class & family orientated it.

i loved it, could have done with more diversity but apart from that it was all very cool.

anywhere that has a Pimms VILLAGE rather than just the Pimms bus is making a statement of the type of atmosphere it wants.

You can expect a much more relaxed, family atmosphere. Plenty of younger punters, but the average age is MILES higher than Reading. Still some mayhem in the woods and late venues though.

You can also expect to see pretty much none of the comedy - unless you're prepared to stake a claim to a spot hours before the person you want to see is on. It's rammed throughout the day.

I enjoyed Latitude last year, but it felt slightly artificial. Brilliant line up and selection of arts/comedy/theatre etc - if you can get in to see any of it. It's like a cross between the Edinburgh Festival, Glastonbury and...V Festival.

what about tv on the radio?

to me they seem like the p[erfect band for the job

bands i would like to see, unlikely all/most of them would play:

tv on the radio

yeah yeah yeahs

jesus and mary chain

ladyhawke

sonic youth

uffie

DSL

Art brut

the cure

pavement

blur (seein them in hyde park, thursday!!woop wopp!)

antony and the johnsons

reel big fish

peter doherty

fryars

plus loadsa others like crystal castles, chapman family black lips mystery jets

loads and loads of cool shit :):D:D:lol::D:):):D:):)

what about tv on the radio?

to me they seem like the p[erfect band for the job

bands i would like to see, unlikely all/most of them would play:

tv on the radio

yeah yeah yeahs

jesus and mary chain

ladyhawke

sonic youth

uffie

DSL

Art brut

the cure

pavement

blur (seein them in hyde park, thursday!!woop wopp!)

antony and the johnsons

reel big fish

peter doherty

fryars

plus loadsa others like crystal castles, chapman family black lips mystery jets

loads and loads of cool shit :):):):lol::D:lol::P:D:D:lol:

That 'll do me!!!!

Cant wait missed last year but went in 07 was great - and they sell the best cider in the world!!

i know it's not long til the official announcement now but i really wish we had some solid headliner rumour going around just to get us speculating! last year sigur ros was known before the announcement, as were arcade fire the year before. a sad silence at the moment for this year though!

i'm getting impatient.

You can expect a much more relaxed, family atmosphere. Plenty of younger punters, but the average age is MILES higher than Reading. Still some mayhem in the woods and late venues though.

You can also expect to see pretty much none of the comedy - unless you're prepared to stake a claim to a spot hours before the person you want to see is on. It's rammed throughout the day.

I enjoyed Latitude last year, but it felt slightly artificial. Brilliant line up and selection of arts/comedy/theatre etc - if you can get in to see any of it. It's like a cross between the Edinburgh Festival, Glastonbury and...V Festival.

Me and a few friends snuck backstage at the comedy tent and were there for quite some time until some secruity saw that we obviously wern't meant to be there as we were huddled round looking suspicous, but thats always an option!

The year before, I got backstage the obelisk arena after Arcade Fire's set and met them :lol:

TV On the Radio would be SO good, I think there's quite a big chance of them playing.

i know it's not long til the official announcement now but i really wish we had some solid headliner rumour going around just to get us speculating! last year sigur ros was known before the announcement, as were arcade fire the year before. a sad silence at the moment for this year though!

i'm getting impatient.

my best mate is lead booker at live nation and he wont give me shit which means 1 of 2 things

1 they dont actually have anybody locked in yet (which i dont believe)

or

2 the acts they have are so cool, the peeps at live nation/festival republic are on pain of death not to release anything (thats what i believe)

be cool, it will all work out mate

my best mate is lead booker at live nation and he wont give me shit which means 1 of 2 things

1 they dont actually have anybody locked in yet (which i dont believe)

or

2 the acts they have are so cool, the peeps at live nation/festival republic are on pain of death not to release anything (thats what i believe)

be cool, it will all work out mate

I hope you are right Tugger, Ive been for the past three years and usually something slips out by now, but we have not had a thing yet apart from Of Montreal. I'm sure things will work out and keep trying to work on your mate to let something slip

Well if it helps we're pretty much booked to play. Not headlining though :D

I've asked around through the booking agencies, agents, other bands etc and there is not a squeak from anyone. Really unusual...last year the list of headliners was sitting in my inbox ages before it was announced...

One or two rumours which seem more solid than others though...

Edited by sungubala

what's your band?

please say it's the flaming lips, dinosaur jr, or sonic youth.

i've got a feeling you might be thurston moore.

Ha that made me laugh so much!

No sorry, we're not any of the above listed bands. Far better than all of them! :D

The list of acts hasn't been released yet, so apologies if I don't tell you, I'm sure anyone who's ever had doings with the festivals will know their crappy levels of "secrecy" they try and use to generate more interest.

On the rumours front though I'll add my 2 cents.

Keep an ear out for these rumours...not neccesarily headliners though, just bits I've picked up.

Sonic Youth

Morrissey

Duffy

MGMT are pretty much out of the reckoning from what I understand, and other rumours such as Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, Placebo and Leanord Cohen are unlikely, but of course anything is possible!

Another probablity though...Michael McIntyre.

Whatever happens I've been assured it will be one of the best Latitude lineups ever...with the festivals growing reputation, TV coverage and income their outlay on bands can be increased.

One final point...expect the recent trend of old famous artists coming down to continue, e.g. Blondie last year. The organisers realise that its quite a "middle class" festival with a relatively high number of 40ish year old parents attending...who will remember these artists from their hey-day. Fleetwood Mac anyone?

everyone is talking about big bands like, bloc party, radiohead etc. latitude is about bringing up smaller bands like Sam Isaac last year(very good btw :) ) yet i would love to see bloc party. interpol were amazing last year, maybe they can get them again :D back from new york haha. anyway get back to me with your thoughts. and any romours.

much love. x