Latitude 2009

The Beard

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard...

The head of Festival Republic, Melvin Benn, will be doing a live chat this Sunday at 6pm on the official Latitude Forums. A chance for people to ask questions and moan/cheer about the lineup!

EDIT: just popped over to the Latitude forums and seen there's an announcement on there. Looks like I'm too far behind the times as usual :rolleyes:

Edited by sungubala

Been to the last x2 Latitudes, but will give this year a miss. I have really enjoyed them, but none of those headliners do it for me whatsoever. I know NC&TBS are supposed to be good, but nothing makes me want to shell out for a ticket THAT much. Will try another fest instead this year, and hope Latitude get it back to more to my own taste next year, as i'd hate not to go again soon.

I agree, Editors are quite like interpol, and doves are good, tho maybe they would be the weakest, i think they really should have gone with last years formula, as in, a modern, danceable indie pop band on the first night, a slower night on the second, and for the final night, something a bit older,

Kaiser cheifs, Elbow, Nick Cave would have been perfect for latitude perfect comination of old, new, and intense at times, a very relaxed at times, simple.

NO, NO, NO they are nowhere near the ethos or quality needed

and its too soon for elbow

Bloc Party, Massive Attack, Nick Cave - now theres a line up!!! :P

Edited by Tugger2k

personally i think nick cave is anything but average, he's fantastic! but there you go...

btw have you had any contact with your mate at live nation tugger? id be interested to know how they are reacting to all this negativity.

not really, im out with him on the weekend - and believe me he'll be getting it in the ear from me

i could never really afford 2 full festys this year so bought latitude early bird & glasto just in case knowing 1 would probably have to get cancelled/flogged unless the line up was unmissable.

i think latitude just lost me for this year

Joanna Newsom played a gig in London straight after her latitude performance last year, so maybe LC could do be doing the same thing? Maybe just being a bit hopeful!

I believe that Cohen is playing The Hop Farm, but don't know that for certain. But if he is then I expect that to be a festival exclusive (cos Vince Power ain't dumb), which would mean he won't play Latitude.

It's not unusual for there to be a gig or two of an act tho when they're a festival exclusive, just not other fests.

ideal line up peeps and hos

friday - Bloc Party for the danceable indie thingy

saturday - The Knife because they are f**kin brilliant and pretty chilled tbh

sunday - Sonic Youth cos they are the sex

also playin should b pavement, elbow, eels and loadsa others

y cant they do sumthin like that? w*nkers :P:D:D

few more rumours/possible confirmations from posts on the official forum...might need to be verified tho.

"From The Independent; Jon Dunn of Live Nation, the promoter who booked Latitude's headliners, insists that it wasn't a conscious decision to pick artists of a certain age. "They were all just perfect for Latitude. There are another 121 acts yet to join the bill, many of whom will be new names, like Little Boots and La Roux."

...and

"Radio Suffolk have just broadcast a piece on the confirmed headliners and added that Shed Seven (Ithought they had split years ago?) are playing along with rapper Sir Mixalot and Kingmaker (who I have never heard of). My excitement is waning... "

shed seven :P

shame the flaming lips rumours turned out to be a load of old cock, they would be perfick for latitude, non?

and they dont cost much. flaming lips, the national and nick cave would have got my juices flowing

with doves, PSB, super furries and editors on the flanks giving support.

Edited by russycarps

:lol:

who is he?....

just googled to see they're a early 90s band...that split...so perhaps that above post was a hoax regards revivals.

...if not then this worries me slightly.... :P

They were awesome, you might know Ten Years Asleep or Queen Jane. Quite a common source of amusement for anyone talking about the early 90s British indie scene, but I liked them.