Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've been wondering that. Alternatively, perhaps the "Slient" turn other species into themselves - I.e. Ood versions of the Silent, Human versions and others. Bit like the Borg or vampires - but they become a silent skull. There's at least two other clips in the trailer of what looks like a white-ish bone-y version of the Doctor's eyes and a screaming lady who could be in the process of being silenced. Or maybe not.

Apparently there's an episode or two with clones as the central theme. Possibly involving Sontarans. Titles may be "Gangers" (as in doppelgangers) and "The Rebel Flesh". The white-faced people (Doctor included) are rumoured to be clones.

And as for the silents turning other races into versions of themselves, that's what the cybermen do...

• 2 weeks later...

i've never really been into Dr Who, in fact the only episode i liked was the Blink one with the time travel and weeping angels (which was awesome, really awesome :D )

yet after a drunken conversation last year about how i HATE DR WHO, my friend got me a Dr Who Experience ticket for christmas

"i got you something you're gonna love!"

-opens present-

"Dr Who Experience?"

"yea! i remember you saying you love Dr Who"

"ahh, i actually said i hate Dr Who...."

"f**k! Wrong emotion!"

"nah, it's fine, we'll just get a bit wasted and it'll be fun :D "

"uhhhh, i didn't buy myself a ticket....."

"so i'm going to a kids event, of something that i hate, by myself?"

"ummmm, i'll go buy myself a ticket now shall i?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

so i went on saturday, and you know what, I think i actually like Dr Who :P

had a really good time, the experience itself isn't that fantastic, but if you take you're kids i'm sure they'll love it. The museum at the end though is coooollllllll, models of all the bad guys, big mock ups of the different tardis', the history of the sonic screwdriver.

i <3 the Doctor :D

The last season has made me into a massive Dr Who nerd. I find the lack of boundaries when it comes to its potential as a TV show absolutely mind-blowing. Despite it's long history, it still feels like there's an endless life at it's core. I always loved the concept of the show but always thought it was a victim of its time - the concept was far too ahead of the curve and so the execution was always lacking (sometimes compensated by nothing but utterly brilliant Doctor casting). The lore of Doctor Who is certainly in the elite of fiction when it comes to richness and vibrancy and untapped potential. It's limited only by the limits of the imagination, and I think it'll just get better and better.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Having been internetless for a wee while...coming back to this thread one or so hours before Matt Smith and friends arrive back in our lives...all I can say is lawks, bloody hell, whoa and oh my god that all looks seriously amazing. I wouldn't like to be 7 years old that is for sure and would be hoping for a very large gap behind the sofa.

Those spooky greys are not pretty at all.

Well...I dont think I have squealed THAT much at a Doctor Who episode ever (and that is after the Weeping Angels moved their heads in the last series!) Did NOT expect those spooky greys quite so damn early and with no bloomin warning. Eeeek!

It was quite a head f**k of a first episode but bloody brilliant all at the same time. Very glad to see the art/cinematic direction and story arc picking up nicely for this season. Just cant figure out where this is going to lead though.

Question for those who have seen the episode...is it me or did the room River and Rory find at the end look suspiciously like the set up in the upstairs room in The Lodger episode? Just wondering cos I reckon it was exactly the same.

Cant wait til the next show. Headf**kcentral but oh so good all at the same time. A great first episode and already got the series into a nice flow already.

And Matt Smith was doing a fine Patrick Troughton throughout.

Also did anyone catch the Elisabeth Sladen tribute on CBBC afterwards? It was very nicely done.

I thought that, but then I thought far too obvious. That episode was simply amazing, tomorrows looks to be even better. Did I spy a beard in the teaser aswell?

Yeah me too, just the 'makes sense' line when she can't shoot the spacesuit.

And Lucy, yes I did it was lovely, made my eyes leak :-(

Absolutely brilliant. I love it, it's like a bloody good roller coaster.

A theory:

The bit where River says The Doctor shows up when she was young and knows everything about her.....seems to add weight to the idea that The Doc is around to know River from birth (and therefore she really is Amy's unborn child?)