Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FAQ is legend thanks Chris, wish I'd found it before I bought the tickets - it would have saved me a lot of time and effort!

A bunch of us going for the first time (wanted to try a Euro fest) and we're taking the day van for a mini tour first, ending up at RaR on the Thursday. As we're getting on a bit and not fit for hiking our stuff for miles to the campsite we're considering the north loop - has anyone had first hand experience??

Cheers for any / all help!

Ususally the parking lots are quite close to one of the camping grounds (gotta add that to the FAQ, you'r the 2nd one not knowing that yet).

I don't think any regular poster has camped on the North loop before, it may be worth trying the ringrocker.com english section, as some regular posters there have.

If you are flexible enough I'd advise arriving on Wednesday. You'd camp much closer to the stages and a few days to settle in and get to know the atmosphere are certainly not wrong.

Hope that helped a bit

Enjoy!

No problem. Actually, if you do have the time it's worth arriving on Tuesday. You'll have a great camping spot for sure and after three days partying and playing drinking games constantly you won't be that drunk from drinking a lot on friday, so you won't miss that many bands. Since you'll have a car you can drive to a swimming pool located within driving distance to get a decent shower, also.

OK so it looks like I'll be arriving really late Wednesday night (between 10pm and midnight) - is it worth putting the tent up then or should I stop somewhere for the night and just get to site early thursday morning? It won't be much more packed surely?

Also - any ideas when the next announcement is going to be?

German law says that you have to carry a document stating your name and all that stuff with you all the time. A passport does the trick, as does a copy of it, an ID card or a drivers licence. Since in the UK they don't have ID cards, and carrying around a passport all the time sucks, I suggested a copy or the drivers licence. Losing that won't be nearly as bad as losing the passport.

And no, I don't suggest to have that stuff with you at the concerts, I don't do that neither. But having it in a tent or the car so you can get in a decent amount of time would be smart.

Edited by Squig

Hey..I just got my girlfriend to get tickets for Rock AM from http://www.tickets-per-post.de

Only thing is the stupid lass didn't notice where you had to put in your street name she just put the house number!!

They have our postcode too...do you think this will be okay?

I have tried calling but the number just doesn't seem to work...any ideas?

Edited by nearbydeath

cheers guys just emailed them now so should alter it and should be fine only thing is missing the actual street name but they should know that with postcode and number as well as name of occupier.....will be a tense wait now though hope they get delivered soon pmsl