Wickerman 2009

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Friday 25th & Saturday 26th July will see the appearance of a new look military themed Dance Village at The Wickerman Festival.

Nicknamed 'Bass Camp' Electronic music of all genres will be nestled in the one easily accessible area which will feature a couple of tanks, crazy camouflage, big tops and crystal clear Funktion1 sound systems throughout.

Two large big tops are in place for a completely blacked out experience ensuring you are transported from a field to the floor!

The Skiddle.com Showcase brings a mindfield of house music from across the country in a tent carefully curated in association with our friends from UBER and TRASHED. Expect an audiovisual treat to keep you captivated for the weekend.

Lot49 Records host the second big top of Bass Camp. For those looking for big beat tech sounds then you will love Lot49 - as much as Lot49 love the festival. Expect a party that's going to go off in style - these boys aint messing.

Our very own funk-soul brothers, Manchester based outfit FUNKADEMIA will be presenting the daytime disco in our outdoor Urban Skirmish Stage whilst fans of a more Indie Disco persuasion Glasgow based Firewater to entertain.

Finally For No Reason host the mess tent with their underground tech electro party serving up some of the freshest talent on the circuit.

Bass Camp is then complete, once we have added the Decontamination chill out Dome and hillside bomb shelter for you to waste away the days in.

Just added:

Utah Saints

Candi Staton

The Dickies

Kid British

SOLUS TENT:

PEARL AND THE PUPPETS - LUVA ANNA

BABYGOD - DRUMS OF DEATH - THE FRENCH QUARTER

JUST TOURIST - MEURSAULT - MR. KIL

PUNCH & THE APOSTLES - REGINALD

REMEMBER REMEMBER - THE SECONDHAND MARCHING BAND

THE SEVENTEENTH CENTURY - THE VELCRO QUARTET

WE WERE PROMISED JETPACKS

(four more bands to be added)

As soon as I get some cash I'll be buying a ticket <_<

We will be travelling from Kelty,Fife as TITP is pi*h in my eyes.

There is about 16 of us so we will try and camp near the Efest site to join in the fun/partying.

Just made 5 gallons of wine (homebrew) and got my camelbak and my kilt sorted already :(

We will probably be arriving at 1300hrs so we can pitch up and start the party early.

Line up is looking superb for the price with more to come!

This will be my only fest this year as credit crunch is all over me but trying to get a job at TITP to see some acts their.

• 2 weeks later...

A word of warning for those thinking of buying from ebay or the likes......

STOLEN TICKETS

At a battle of the bands event held on Sunday 7th June in Dumfries a number of Wickerman Festival tickets were stolen.

The incident has been reported to the police and anyone with any information should call Dumfries & Galloway Constabulary on 0845 600 5701.

The stolen ticket types and numbers are as follows:

Adult Weekend 1776 - 1850

Weekend Child 851 - 875

Saturday Adult 501 - 525

All 2009 Wickerman tickets are barcoded thanks to Skiddle's RapidScan system and following the theft these tickets have been cancelled from our system. If a ticket is handed over to a member of staff it will be flagged up as stolen and the ticket holder will be referred to the police. Anyone found in possession of a stolen ticket will be removed from the site and no refunds will be offered.

Please note that you should only ever buy tickets from genuine outlets which you can find listed on our 'Buy Your Tickets' page'. We would strongly advise against buying tickets from unofficial ticket outlets or website auctions as there is a chance that the tickets could be stolen or fake...either way these tickets will not allow you to gain entry to the festival and you will end up out of pocket and disappointed.

For anyone who was planning on buying down and dirty passes at the festival a word of warning taken from the skiddle forum

The demand for d&d ticket facilities has been MEGA this year and it is looking unlikely that they will be on sale at the festival.

Access to the facilities is limited to a certain number of people, so if you would like access to the posh toilets and hot showers then it is suggested that you buy them online sooner rather than later!

The cost is £6 for unlimited showers and £6 for access to the posh loos all weekend