Wickerman 2009

Guest Paul ™

I would definitely recommend this festival to anyone. Unfortunately Kim and myself will not be in attendance this summer. We are unlikely to be going to any festivals this year due to the pending birth of our first kiddie :rolleyes:

A real shame we can't make it as it was the best festival we attended in a long time. Have fun everyone :lol:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Information from Rich posted on Skiddle Forum earlier today.

Bass Camp

I thought I would announce something, as it has now semi appeared on the website.

This year the dance setup at The Wickerman is changing. In previous years there was Eden, then we (Skiddle) came along and added our setup to provide something a bit different.

This year, following lengthly discussions, Eden is gone, apart from the Bhuta tent (Breaks) where Annie Nightingale and The Plump DJ's have played in the past.

Skiddle and Bhuta have now joined forces to create a themed area to be known as 'Bass Camp'

This will feature 2 big tops, one the Skiddle tent and one the breaks tent, and we will also be seeing an introduction of an outdoor 'stage' which will be playing soul infused disco funk during the day.

There is also the alleged return of the tent that never quite made it up last year (the skiddle dome), as well as a chill out tent.

The whole dance village will be military themed, hence the title 'bass camp' so please do feel to dress up and come and join the fun. Once again we will be putting a lot of effort into the production, and then some, and im very very excited to say that both dance tents will have full Funktion1 stacks which means we can have a lot cleaner quality signal without disturbing the campsites.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad it's not a must see Saturday headline act for me, saves me trying to figure out how to get there on the Saturday, to be honest neither of the headliners floats my boat so not bothered am missing out.

I quite like the line-up so far. Human League (thou they'll be great for a singalong) I probably wont see, the UK Subs will probably be headlining the Scooter tent, so will miss them. The Zutons I've seen twice and their always a good festival band. Looking forward to Billy Brag too.