Benicassim 2009

Guest stubbs

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a joke.

I will never ever go again.

Worst organised event i have ever been to. and i will make sure i tell this to everyone i meet

even oropesa was a joke. not able to deal with the volume. i realise this has nothing to do with the festival organisers but still pissed off about this.

The entire thing was a disgrace

what a joke.

I will never ever go again.

Worst organised event i have ever been to. and i will make sure i tell this to everyone i meet

even oropesa was a joke. not able to deal with the volume. i realise this has nothing to do with the festival organisers but still pissed off about this.

The entire thing was a disgrace

First time at Beni and what an experience already planning my route for next year. We left first thing monday morning for a nice hotel room in valencia with some well needed air con and a nice comfortable bed.

Highlghts of weekend: Oasis, 2ManyDJs, Pete Doherty*, Friday nights storm

Best thing: nice cold showers (so refreshing), Campsite orange juice.

I really had a wick time, shame about friday night didn't get to see kings of leon but roll on reading hey! If it wasnt for the misses i would have sat out the storm in the tent but she was gettin worried so we packed up our stuff and followed the crowds where we were taken by bus to a school haha so random. And in the morning went back to find our 3 man tent which may i add was not pegged down as the ground was to hard and i couldnt be bothered was still standing there haha i couldnt believe it, we were right in the middle of the storm too.

I would definatly camp again but next year i think i would like to drive over in a camper van that looked so fun. Although we met some real funny, nice, descent people there were also some absolute idiots there, but then i guess they will be everywhere you go. Thanks for a really great time

my 2p worth - Yes, Friday was chaotic but no one expected the weather we experienced and it was dealt with as well as could possibly be expected.

The fact that they managed to squeeze maximo park in for the Saturday(they were given a later slot even BEFORE Lilly Allen dropped out) was a great bit of thinking when they could have just let them leave for the weekend without playing instead. If KOL had other plans for Saturday or just didn't want to co-operate then that's due to the band. not the organisers! The organisers said they would try to get KOL on for the Saturday and I do not honestly believe they would have said this if they had no intention at all of trying.

As for people being evacuated from their camp site without being given any destination - although i wasn't evacuated myself i'd have much preferred that to being allowed to risk my health on the site any day!

Personally I thought everyone I came across showed some great companionship in trying to help others get on with enjoying their festival during and after Friday's nightmare and this just added to the enjoyment.

Not so sure i'd go back again myself (this was my 2nd time) as I wasn't keen on the increasing number of stuck up college leavers who had been sent away at mummy and daddy's expense but this is nothing to do with the festival or it's organisers and is just a downside to the festival becoming more widely known.

Did anyone notice the stage times were all wrong on the last day? We missed most of Friendly Fires because of this, they were on an hour early. Killers were on at 00:15 but it said 01:00 on the lineup. Another example of bad organisation/communication from the organisers.

Also noticed the lack of free daily festival newspaper (glasto style) at the campsites this year.

Tbh I enjoyed 2008 much more and next year i'd like to look at another European festival instead.

The changed times were all posted on the screens and noticeboards so I'm not sure what else you'd expect the organisers to do other than what they had already done. We heard about the time changes before we'd even left the campsite so I'd say all of that was actually managed extremely well.

To be honest I didn't see the changes and missed white lies, but still got in for half of Friendly Fires after a sprint down from the campsite hah! Added to the fun some might say :P

I was in the front row for Pete Doherty which was fantastic because he slotted in some libs & babyshambles, also even did a wee bit of stone roses i wanna be adored! fantastic show apart from the w*nkER in the crowd beside me who started slagging me off for literally no reason whatsoever...

The high (or low) light of this stupidity was two girls of college leaving age who claimed to have studied spanish and proceeded to have a conversation in one bar/cafe with two friendly looking locals purely in slow but shouted english with sprinklings of the words Si and La !! I dont claim to be a fluent spanish speaker but felt embarrassed for all involved.

couple of vids I took from benicassim-

2 Many Djs -

Oasis Cigarettes and Alcohol -

had a great time at the festival, obviously a bit gutted about KoL getting cancelled but probably for the best when you could see how much the lights were swaying from side to side on stage

It was my 3rd Beni, and i think my last for a few years, mainly for reasons others have stated. Its still an excellent festival its just the crowd that its attracting. It takes very little effort to learn even the most basic of phrases in spainish. Think i'll look into other European festivals next year or might even go on a proper holiday instead of a festival and a holiday

We had a brilliant time, but we didn't have to put up with all the young idiots you get camping! There did seem to be more middle class school leavers there on daddies money, but who cares, it's about who you're with! Been 4 times and that was probably my favourite so far. Met loads of cracking folk and had such a laugh! Roll on next year ;)

This was my 8th fib in a row and, yeah, it is a different festival to when it started. But its now owned by an English guy, its pretty much only advertised in the UK outside of Spain and the acts are tapered towards a UK audience. Lily Allen is not exactly an act for the Spanish.

I did prefer it back in the day, Kraftwerk and bands like that were amazing and I don't think they'd get acts as left field as that at the expense of easier crowd pullers. Pet Shop Boys, Devo etc. would probably be watched in an ironic way too.

Its just different, its still amazing because of the location and relative ease of the sites lay out. Weather can't be accounted for. Power issues I'm not going to 2nd guess but its hardly 1 kebab van and 3 stages now so it must have a load of power being used up.

I'd go again but the look out is on for a more low key foreign festival, a la fib mk.1

Got great spot by the bins & on top of the bins for franz ferdinand, too many DJ's & the killers on the sunday.

My first benicassi experience & i'll definly be goin back next year, great atmosphere about the place...pity bout the friday night but other than that , classs!!!!!!