2009 Rumours

Guest Spiral_Low

wasn't there a massive crush last time? I'd seriously consider download if they had the prodigy, nin and some larger band due to the other two being "smaller" headliners, areosmith would be awesome. Given the recent headliners of download though, the prodigy headlining should be a no brainer, they create absolute chaos live and have a massive back catalogue, even if their new stuff does sound a bit more like the experience sound, which i doubt a lot of people going to download would be too keen on. Saying that, muse playing a "heavier" set would have me there in a flash, they need to stop ignoring the first two albums so much!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right i didn't know download had got itself another outdoor stage, didn't know anyone that went to 08 lol, althought my mate said the crush for korn in 07 was pretty brutal what with mcr not going down well.

I'd say the point still stands though, the prodigy should be headlining the main stage if they play. I'd argue they were bigger than tool when they headlined amongst others (And i'm a massive tool fan lol, it's too easy to take a swipe at lostprophets though as they're the smallest headliner download has had by a country mile).

2nd stage at V is huge though, its pretty much the same as the main stage, its basically 2 main stages

the headliners in the past few years are worthy of top billing, last year was Prodigy and Kaiser Chiefs, 2007 was The Kooks [with Manics below them!] and Basement Jaxx, 2006 was Razorlight and Kasabian

these acts are headlining other festivals, Its one of V's main positives that they always have excellent options of an headline act