2009 Rumours

Guest Spiral_Low

i'd be astounded if nin didn't headline, download is their target audience, and whilst they are a "cult" band, they can shift tickets pretty damn quick lol. Also tool headlined and i'd say they're around the same size in this country. Anyone know when the aussie dates are, i'm off that way at the start of next year and would love to see nin again.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
As per an interview wih the band in this weeks Kerrang, Download have offered a headline slot to Slipknot though they are considering other offers at the moment including Leeds/Reading after missing out last year.

They do say that UK Festivals will see quite a bit of them next year.

Slipknot would be a great choice especially with the choice of supports on the tour machine head and bodum.Don`t really know how much impact headliners have on the bill but hopefully with Slipknot headlining it would be a good one. :rolleyes:

Edited by oscar

I know its a long shot, but seeing as the band seems kind of split on whether to do reading or download, do you reckon theres a chance they'll do both? maybe headline download but make sure they're not exclusive to the one festival? it would still be a good decision on download's part considering the headliners they've had in recent times.

mmm this year at download when biffy clyro played i took a nice little nap while i waited for BFMV to come on....LOL

I would. I would be very surprised. Neither have much chance of headlining Download. Neither have enough mainstream appeal. Machine Head have an outside chance of fitting into a Tool style "cult" headlining spot. But Trivium are just a metal band for people who don't actually listen to alot of heavy music, and therefore can't see how poor they are.

Im suprised no one has said Guns n roses for headliner really, i saw em play in 2006, and although many people were pissed that they didnt see the original line-up it was never going to happen, and in my opinion Axl Rose is the best front man that has ever lived, and as he has FINALLY released chinese democracy i believe he will hit up download, and if he does, if anyone can get 2 backstage passes lol, i will pay up to a grand for em both

Kinda bored so potential headliners as I see it....

Metallica (new album tour)

Slipknot (It said in Kerrang)

Nine Inch Nails (touring next year, last for awhile apparantly so lets hope)

Rammstein (new album, from what I gather they plan to play it eventually so probs this year!)

Tool (Rumours of a tour planned for next year, nothing solid though)

Marilyn Manson (New album, will be touring next year...would probs play 2nd on the bill though)