AC/DC World tour

Guest sledge450

Commiting to an 18 month tour right off the bat seems like they may include festivals in there aswell but...Download?I just don't see it.Surely it would be better for them to play Reading,better chance of promoting their album?Playing Download is preaching to the perverted...so to speak.

i reckon, if Download is going to get them (and I have no doubts they'll try), they'd be far more likely for 2010 than 2009 - at a stretch, that would just about fit with the end of their claimed 18 months tour from this October.

In the main, bands don't like to play festivals when they've been away for a while or when they have new product to promote - it's cutting their own throats. I can't see why this wouldn't apply to ac/dc.

Add to that that Live Nation are very likely to be handling their tour (they [in their old form] certainly did ac/dc's last UK dates), and LN's touring people won't want potential revenues undermined by a (in comparison) poorly paying festival.

If it was going to be a short tour I'd have more faith in Download getting them, as it gives an opportunity for lots of people to see them in a short amount of time, with it being a long tour, I expect it to be 2010. But I guess ultimately it'll depend on when exactly any UK ac/dc own-shows happen, cos if they're at the beginning of the tour it's less of an issue to return to play a fest.

Then again, it's always possible that a competing fest might grab them - they might even turn up at Reading!

It is rumoured that they would start it in Britain so coming back in June would be ok.

If they come back in 2010 to play festivals then i really can't see them at Download if the moving of site does happen,which i believe it will,as i think nostalgia may be the reason why they would play Download what with it being at Donington and all.

It is rumoured that they would start it in Britain so coming back in June would be ok.

If they come back in 2010 to play festivals then i really can't see them at Download if the moving of site does happen,which i believe it will,as i think nostalgia may be the reason why they would play Download what with it being at Donington and all.

Can't see them doing Download, it's one pay day, which as already pointed out on here wouldn't make them or LN anything like the cash that 6 stadium gigs with 50k people a night at £50 a pop would.

I dont think they are the absolute top drawer attraction that a lot of people think, but Bon Jovi do Stadium's ever two years so AC/DC could certainly pull this off after 8 years off the scene (apart from the odd gig here and there)

Add to that that Live Nation are very likely to be handling their tour (they [in their old form] certainly did ac/dc's last UK dates), and LN's touring people won't want potential revenues undermined by a (in comparison) poorly paying festival.

Nope the announcement was made by Rob Light see news here: http://www.egigs.co.uk/index.php?a=12426 he's the managing partner at managing partner at Creative Artists Agency who own CAA Sports along with AEG - remember the Beckham deal it's the same partnership.

My bet would be AC/DC will be playing Bloodstock next year

that's quite possible then, but these sorts of companies simply can't operate on only an incestuous basis. This is particularly the case for AEG within the UK, as they don't have too much infrastructure wise themselves.

For instance, last year for the Stones (a LN run tour) I fully expected them to play LN-managed (for music) Wembley, yet they ended up playing the AEG-owned Dome o2 Arena. I believe that some sort of tender is put out for the biggest names, where venues get to bid, where the tender might state something like "five shows maximum in or very near to London, for a total audience of 100,000".

It would be a real coup for Bloodstock if they got AC/DC, but even with Galbraith involved and his links to AEG, I'm not sure it has the clout to get an act like this when there's bound to be higher-profile options.

So are we thinking a residency at the O2 Arena then due to AEG's involvement?

I think it's pretty much impossible to say at the moment.

Last time they hit the UK, I think they played Hammy Odeon Apollo and the MK Bowl. I really wouldn't be surprised to see them insisting on playing the Apollo again as they'd have fond memories of it from its Odeon days, but outside of that I think it gets harder to guess.

I think it's pretty much impossible to say at the moment.

Last time they hit the UK, I think they played Hammy Odeon Apollo and the MK Bowl. I really wouldn't be surprised to see them insisting on playing the Apollo again as they'd have fond memories of it from its Odeon days, but outside of that I think it gets harder to guess.

as you were at them, maybe you have firmer memories of it than me....?

Both those shows sold out in an instant didn't they? That's how I remember it, and that's 30,000-ish tickets.

I think they'll probably want to play a few dates in the UK and I can't see them doing that and Download in the same year.

If they do end up playing Download that'll be their only UK gig of the year and they'll be picking up a massive fee.

Edited by tolywoly

• 3 weeks later...