am i the only one who hopes

Guest greeneyes1980

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean where I said "their sense of superiority, their sneering, their dismissive attitudes and their disrespect" ??? - because that isn't lazy stereotyping, it's what I have got from a lot of English people.

You agree with Peevis' point about human nature it seems then - or perhaps societal nature. Yet not all societies or peoples are minded to oppress - however as they say "history is written by the victors" *whistles*

:P

I'd agree with the second point actually.Not all peoples are geared for oppression and as a result,get oppressed.Look at native Americans and Australians.However,the Scots constant marauding down the border suggests to me they were just as capable of us English to be bastards. It was a union after all,not an invasion.

Not sure about the Welsh. Maybe the world would be a better place if it had followed their attitude? :(

:P

The point is neither the Aboriginals nor the native Americans were capable. Nor were the Welsh. To me, this is why they come across all goody.

It's like saying why don't I buy a ferrari. it's not because I don't want to. It's because I don't have the financial capacity.

Sorry to have such a bleak view of human nature. it's just that I'm proved right time after time after time.

Think he will do well at US open, prob depends on the draw. Think Murray needs to improve his serve a lot and if he did, can get a lot higher % first serves in then he would be competing at later stages of grand slams.

I'm almost tempted to start slagging England or going on about Scotland just to see if can get this thread back to slightly interesting

There were not capable because they did not have societies geared towards oppression. A conscience decision. They chose not to be that sort of way,so were not,and suffered as a result. Suggesting that the Native Americans were not capable is bollocks. The scientific 'stage' they were at upon European invasion probably wasn't that advanced,but Europeans had done a good job of oppression with more basic tools.

It is lazy stereotyping. How many Brummie's do you know who are sneering,dismissive and disrespectful?This displays my point.I presume you live in London?Because thats where most of those attitudes are commonplace,showing why patriotism unfairly and clumsily links attitudes and ideas of different people into one nice package.It doesn't work.

I'd agree with the second point actually.Not all peoples are geared for oppression and as a result,get oppressed.Look at native Americans and Australians.However,the Scots constant marauding down the border suggests to me they were just as capable of us English to be bastards. It was a union after all,not an invasion.

Not sure about the Welsh. Maybe the world would be a better place if it had followed their attitude? :(

'Advanced'?

Advanced in what sense? They were philosophically far more advanced. They were much more culturally advanced too - Sleath (the founder of the Seattle) stated to the euro-centrics that if they were to continue with their modernist civilisation they would destroy the earth by offending the sun. Global warming?

What "your wrong I read more books than you", "no way its you who is wrong I read more books than you" YYYYYYYAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN

I used to come on here to get a skive and bit more interesting than being at work, I was wrong think might go back to doing some work now!