Gay meet @ Horsemeat Disco Friday Night!

Guest Chocscoffer

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't know where the Blue Cider bus is. Think I passed it on the way in, or on my first walk around the site, but never found it again.

Had a few texts with Choc Friday night, but never made it to the meet. We found a very comfy seat up in the Park, chilled whilst listening to the Rascal and just stayed there for the rest of the evening :D

Actually I was at the Ciderbus and venus was with me (witness!). I sent out text messages to 33 people reminding them as I promised to do so. From what I have heard not everybody got those messages, this I cannot be blamed for. I stayed at the Cider bus with Venus until 10.30pm and figured nobody was turning up so I wasn't going to waste any time waiting around so I decided to go to Shangri-La to get there nice and early for Hayseed Dixie, again I text 33 people to let them know, as I promised.

I tried to reply to txt message as much as I could (I was sent 53 messages in the space of 2 hours!) and I actually spent a couple of hours being pretty stressed and pissed off actually if that is any consolation to some who sent me arsey text messages. I finally caught up with Luscious Lucy, Staberinde, Molly and her mate and some other female who I don't think I was introduced to.

I felt absolutely shit for it being a complete screw up but I tried my best, the text messages cost me money as I had used a seperate pay as you talk phone for this meet which meant me buying credit and I spent valuable time trying to tell people where the cider bus was, why people couldn't ask somebody or find out beforehand actually puzzles me. I was speaking to LL on the way back to Camp Trianlge (best bunch of people ever!) and had decided to not organise a meet next year but was convinced to maybe have another go, with different arrangements that don't mean me wasting money or time texting! At no time did I not try my best and I am gutted it wasn't pulled off because I think we'd have had a blast.

Actually I was at the Ciderbus and venus was with me (witness!). I sent out text messages to 33 people reminding them as I promised to do so. From what I have heard not everybody got those messages, this I cannot be blamed for. I stayed at the Cider bus with Venus until 10.30pm and figured nobody was turning up so I wasn't going to waste any time waiting around so I decided to go to Shangri-La to get there nice and early for Hayseed Dixie, again I text 33 people to let them know, as I promised.

I tried to reply to txt message as much as I could (I was sent 53 messages in the space of 2 hours!) and I actually spent a couple of hours being pretty stressed and pissed off actually if that is any consolation to some who sent me arsey text messages. I finally caught up with Luscious Lucy, Staberinde, Molly and her mate and some other female who I don't think I was introduced to.

I felt absolutely shit for it being a complete screw up but I tried my best, the text messages cost me money as I had used a seperate pay as you talk phone for this meet which meant me buying credit and I spent valuable time trying to tell people where the cider bus was, why people couldn't ask somebody or find out beforehand actually puzzles me. I was speaking to LL on the way back to Camp Trianlge (best bunch of people ever!) and had decided to not organise a meet next year but was convinced to maybe have another go, with different arrangements that don't mean me wasting money or time texting! At no time did I not try my best and I am gutted it wasn't pulled off because I think we'd have had a blast.

Edited by rubberducky

Choc - you did a really kind thing offering your time and money to the meet - I got your text and then I replied later and you replied to me again.

Hopefully, for those who manage to get tickets next year (I have a feeling it's gonna be hard getting them) we could suggest meeting on the Thursday (when there are no clashes with bands) at a place out in the open (to avoid queues).

Once again Chocs, thanks ;-)

We did indeed go and see Roisin Murphy at the Queens head but this was after the regular efests meet, she was excellent!

Thanks Glastofun, my idea is to actually make it either a Weds or Thursday again at the Ciderbus purely because people will be there for the efests meet anyway. I prefer the Brother Bar in Jazz World (absolutely nothing to do with Brothers Strawberry Cider :D ) Not sure yet though, I'm still trying to get over this year!

Even with the directions one of my 'camp' gave me, and those on the text, I found it all quite confusing. It was my first Glastonbury and had no idea where the market was. I walked around that area quite a few times early Friday, but couldn't find the bus for love nor money, apart from the big red 'drop the debt' one.

Sorry for texting loads, didn't realise it was stressing you out so much. When you told me to 'effing' phone I kind of gave up as it was just too loud where I was and couldn't even hear the people I was with.

:D

Even with the directions one of my 'camp' gave me, and those on the text, I found it all quite confusing. It was my first Glastonbury and had no idea where the market was. I walked around that area quite a few times early Friday, but couldn't find the bus for love nor money, apart from the big red 'drop the debt' one.

Sorry for texting loads, didn't realise it was stressing you out so much. When you told me to 'effing' phone I kind of gave up as it was just too loud where I was and couldn't even hear the people I was with.

:)

I can assure you hun that I was not having a go at you as I will see from the second text I sent you. I seemed to recall you saying on here that it was your first Glastonbury and I know how scary the place can be on your first visit (this was my second it it still blows my mind!). I was happy to explain to you where we were as I seem to recall sending you pretty good directions. You only text a couple of times unlike some others so I was more than happy to speak to you. YTou personally weren't stressing me out the whole thing was! I just wanted to get together with you guys and gals so much and because it was going all tits up I was getting stressed, what can I say I get stressed easy :D I don't actually remember talking to you but I did answer the phone a couple of times, If you did hear me swearing then it would have been at the phone and it certainly wasn't aimed at you :)

Next year (hopefully the place blew your mind so you'll be back) I will personally come and find you and drag you onto the dancefloor :P

Hi Chocs,

Thanks for trying to sort it, I had every intention of meeting you guys, even after the moved to shangri la text, but unfortunately I was right over the other side of the site in a pretty spangled mess :) Shortly after there was a disasterous (but hilarious) she pee related incident and I decided that turning up soaked in p*** perhaps wasn't the best way to be introducing myself to new friends :D

Hope you all had fun anyway, perhaps a thursday meet next year would be easier x

Hey...

I too aimed to meet up but my phone died on the Friday morning and then when I did charge it, your texts came through on the Saturday morning at about 3am!! along with millions of others... must have been the usual delay... so I too apologise for not meeting up, hope you all had a great time!

Thank you for the texts and well done for organising it.

Maybe next year?

x

Hey… it didn’t quite turn out as we hoped, that is a bit of a shame, but that is very typical of Glastonbury. F*cks me, 140 thousand people, drunkenness, darkness, effin sh*t mobile phone erratic reception. Believe me, even the Pimms man on the advert couldn’t have sorted that one out.

Chocs, thanks anyway for at least trying your hardest to sort everything out. I saw how stressed you were after Hayseed, if I could have cuddled you harder with out breaking a rib I would have. The night wasn’t all bad. I ended up boogieing till silly o’clock in the Dad da bar with around 5 others. Got back to camp around 7.

I’m now looking forward to doing it all again till next year.

Chocs, it was still a great night, thanks again for trying to sort us all out, Only 51 weeks and counting!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Sorry to drag this up after it fell down to page 100001 ... ok, slight exageration!

Chocs did her absolute best to find people that night, i was with her, but the area was so busy and that stupid phone started playing up

from what i heard everyone had a great night, in fact a fabulous few days

it was good to meet many of you there

next time i will bring warmer clothes with me !!!!

Vx

Chocs, it was still a great night, thanks again for trying to sort us all out, Only 51 weeks and counting!!!

• 7 months later...
On the "Are any Gays going to Glastonbury" thread I suggested a gay meet up to go to the Horsemeat Disco on the Friday Night. This meet is not just for gay people it is open to all who fancy a good old boogie and a laugh! It has interested a few of us so I have opened up a new thread so a clear plan can be seen by all! the list of attendees so far is:

Chocscoffer

Dtox

Itsybitsy

Boover

Paul

Tallulah

t77

Barney73

Greenfairy43

Staberinde

Keither

Ivan

Stranger

Ktej

LusciousLucy

sasababe

Northndrunknmonk

LittlemissC + 2

Gazamataz

Strudders + 2

Geordie1

Tabitharocks

p3eachy

Darrenbha

Marathon Man

Rubberducky

Paadzer

Runner

Venuss

Indieheart

MollyU

Br Guy

Aragorn

Timespeedsup

Suedegambit

JustinJ

Jkrussell

lilrentboy

edy eddy

Aptid

Glastofun

If you want to be added then let me know.

The plan is to meet at the Cider Bus on the Friday night at 10.00pm and make our way to The Pussy Parlure (just like a school trip!). Now then, it has been (excellently) suggested by Staberinde in the original thread that phone numbers are exchanged and that a text message is sent to remind people of the meet and/or movements later in the night i.e Trash City etc. This also means that those who won't be at the Cider Bus at 10.00pm because they will be watching KOL/Buddy Guy etc are kept in the loop so to speak!

I am more than happy to send the text messages to those who want them so if you want to PM me with your phone number then please feel free to do so and I'll send a reminder to you. If your not happy with this then fine, just turn up and bring your dancing shoes :)