Stewards...

Guest gratedenini

Most sensible and nice Stewarding people we`ve encountered... a BIG WELL DONE TO YOU ALL

The laddo , the 1st one as we got towards the camer Van site--through that farmy bit-- must have been stood there,on his tod for friggin gaes--directing people round the farm bit--still was so polite and entusiastic.

Was very impressed with the whole organisation of affairs ... and re these bastardos who go to fests to thieve-- well once again--this unfortunately is the society that we are spawning --and I despair over it.

A point that was made to me regarding thieving--- when I first started camping --Hells Flame-- a poxy old army tent with no ground sheet and a single calor gas stove thing if you were lucky etc etc--but nowadays of course.. lots have all these mod-cons and ultimately--worth nickin.

Whats the consesus? Do these people have tickets and class themselves as festival goers--then steal of like -minded people? Or --do they actually nick in to the site itself to do their deeds?

This happened at LT a few years ago when a gang of scallies from Manchester i nbelive deliberately targeted Larmer and slashed a lot of tents to thieve... i gether they did get caught though.

Once again-- I just depair.. here`s me, walking 4miles back to the van to cook--yes COOK a proper vegetarian meal for The Marroneds--- troop all the way back with it--and bastards are stealing things from tents!

I tell yer man-- I despair, I really do.

den

Great Stweards. Really chilled, seemed to be enjoying themselves, plenty of smilers. Just the ticket.

One of them had the gall to tell Mrs T, when she tried to enter the festival area Saturday morning, that the fest had finished. Had a huge grin on his face apparently. :lol:

thanks for all the thanks ... I was a Steward ... (in various multi-coloured hair guises) ... you were alll great too ... we all had a great time, thats why we were smiling ... it would take a right grumpy beggar not to smile at being part of Wychwood! xxx

Edited by tiamaria

Most sensible and nice Stewarding people we`ve encountered... a BIG WELL DONE TO YOU ALL

The laddo , the 1st one as we got towards the camer Van site--through that farmy bit-- must have been stood there,on his tod for friggin gaes--directing people round the farm bit--still was so polite and entusiastic.

Was very impressed with the whole organisation of affairs ... and re these bastardos who go to fests to thieve-- well once again--this unfortunately is the society that we are spawning --and I despair over it.

A point that was made to me regarding thieving--- when I first started camping --Hells Flame-- a poxy old army tent with no ground sheet and a single calor gas stove thing if you were lucky etc etc--but nowadays of course.. lots have all these mod-cons and ultimately--worth nickin.

Whats the consesus? Do these people have tickets and class themselves as festival goers--then steal of like -minded people? Or --do they actually nick in to the site itself to do their deeds?

This happened at LT a few years ago when a gang of scallies from Manchester i nbelive deliberately targeted Larmer and slashed a lot of tents to thieve... i gether they did get caught though.

Once again-- I just depair.. here`s me, walking 4miles back to the van to cook--yes COOK a proper vegetarian meal for The Marroneds--- troop all the way back with it--and bastards are stealing things from tents!

I tell yer man-- I despair, I really do.

den

Edited by no smoke without fire

Den.............they haven't bought tickets. It is easy to get on site after dark. It is nothing to do with mod cons unless you mean modern con. They were after cash in general not even cards. even returned my mates wallet with cards minus £185. I started camping at festivals in an old army tent and managed to have me stuff nicked (I won't start you off again on the 30 year trip) But this festival is targetted on the first night by thieves and it has got nothing to do with putting food in their childs belly. I had managed to persuade my mate try a festival and get out of his comfort zone and other than being ripped off he had a brilliant time. The money was a big deal to him but we subbed him but more than that is just the sense of being p*ssed off with being shi* on and you don't sleep well the following night even though you know that everything is safely hidden. It is a pity cos the festival is nigh on perfecto.

Back to original thread, yes the Stewards were brill. Prob the best I have encountered. Some had a great sense of humour.

I for one fell for the "your laces are undone mate" when I was wearing Crocs - i.e. No Laces! ;)

Well done to the organisers.

The thieving thing is awful to hear, but comments on the other thread for that. I hope that doesn't f**k up the good work done by Graham & Janet and all involved in organising probably the most cilvilised & well organised Festival I have ever been to.

Keep up the good work especially with the excellent stewarding.