Jump to content
grumpyhack

Something Else in the Dean 2017

Recommended Posts

Just booked my tickets for Something Else in the Dean 2017, a festival I discovered last year, thanks to help from a few EFesters.  Can't recommend it highly enough.  A cheap (£55 for the weekend including camping) and cheerful festival.  A bit hippy dippy and a lovely way to round off the season. I would guess the capacity is about 500 so it's almost like a big family party and also an end of season get together for a lot of festival bands.

Anyone else going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Just booked my tickets for Something Else in the Dean 2017, a festival I discovered last year, thanks to help from a few EFesters.  Can't recommend it highly enough.  A cheap (£55 for the weekend including camping) and cheerful festival.  A bit hippy dippy and a lovely way to round off the season. I would guess the capacity is about 500 so it's almost like a big family party and also an end of season get together for a lot of festival bands.

Anyone else going?

It's possible that me and my wife will be going grumpy, but, like last year, it's a little precarious. I had been told that the tickets (it is 500 people) had sold out already. Obviously not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, missed it last year but was there in 2014/15.. looking forward to my return! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's possible that me and my wife will be going grumpy, but, like last year, it's a little precarious. I had been told that the tickets (it is 500 people) had sold out already. Obviously not.

Their website is a bit clanky to say the least and it takes a bit of navigating through pages relating to last year to get to the buy tickets for this year bit but there's nothing to suggest that it's sold out.  I hope you can make it Yog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Their website is a bit clanky to say the least and it takes a bit of navigating through pages relating to last year to get to the buy tickets for this year bit but there's nothing to suggest that it's sold out.  I hope you can make it Yog.

I hope so too grumpy, especially after having tickets to go last year and not being able to use them. Hopefully we'll still have our campervan too. We were trying to sell it but then a knight in shining armour has just entered our lives and offered to loan us the money that we would have sold it for, and we don't need to pay him back until the sale of our house goes through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I hope so too grumpy, especially after having tickets to go last year and not being able to use them. Hopefully we'll still have our campervan too. We were trying to sell it but then a knight in shining armour has just entered our lives and offered to loan us the money that we would have sold it for, and we don't need to pay him back until the sale of our house goes through. 

Hope to see you there - and at a few other fests during the summer with your campervan Yog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Hope to see you there - and at a few other fests during the summer with your campervan Yog.

Yes, it would be great to meet up. We will be doing The Landed Festival in Llandrindod Wells on 18th, 19th & 20th August. Normally we'd go to Shambala but are going to give that one a swerve this year. It's only £50 for an early bird ticket to Landed. We actually only paid £25 a ticket last year because we were trading, and the people were very nice to us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I hope so too grumpy, especially after having tickets to go last year and not being able to use them. Hopefully we'll still have our campervan too. We were trying to sell it but then a knight in shining armour has just entered our lives and offered to loan us the money that we would have sold it for, and we don't need to pay him back until the sale of our house goes through. 

We're going to be at Green Man, which I've never done before in August, the same time as Landed,  So my summer is now sorted with Wychwood, Glastonbury (subject to getting luck in the resales), Abertillery Blues (just day tickets - there's no camping), Steelhouse at Ebbw Vale and finishing off with Something Else in the Dean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

Any other EFesters going to be at Something Else in the Dean?

Unfortunately not grumpy. Have the time and money, but no tickets. A close friend of mine is going. He was there last year when you were there. Go up and say hello to him if you spot him. You can't really miss him, in my opinion. I suspect on Friday night he'll be wearing a full length faux fur coat, complete with a bindi on his forehead. On Saturday night he'll, no doubt, be wearing a blue sequinned bomber jacket, complete with bindi on his forehead. As if that wasn't enough, in terms of clues, then I'll inform you that he is occasionally loud, and as camp as Christmas - but don't tell him I said this last bit. Don't worry if it slips out though, because he'll probably respond by accusing me of the same thing. lol

Have a great festival grumpy. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Unfortunately not grumpy. Have the time and money, but no tickets. A close friend of mine is going. He was there last year when you were there. Go up and say hello to him if you spot him. You can't really miss him, in my opinion. I suspect on Friday night he'll be wearing a full length faux fur coat, complete with a bindi on his forehead. On Saturday night he'll, no doubt, be wearing a blue sequinned bomber jacket, complete with bindi on his forehead. As if that wasn't enough, in terms of clues, then I'll inform you that he is occasionally loud, and as camp as Christmas - but don't tell him I said this last bit. Don't worry if it slips out though, because he'll probably respond by accusing me of the same thing. lol

Have a great festival grumpy. :)

 

I'm really sorry that you won't be there Yog. It still might be worth asking around on here for spare tickets.  I'll look out for your mate but give me a few more clues - like his age and a name.  Also what will he be staying in as I can look around for his tent or van.  I'll be in my twin axle Dethleffs Camper caravan towed by a silver Audi A6 Allroad car reg no LV 05 FYF.  

Cheers Grumpyhack (aka Pete).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I'm really sorry that you won't be there Yog. It still might be worth asking around on here for spare tickets.  I'll look out for your mate but give me a few more clues - like his age and a name.  Also what will he be staying in as I can look around for his tent or van.  I'll be in my twin axle Dethleffs Camper caravan towed by a silver Audi A6 Allroad car reg no LV 05 FYF.  

Cheers Grumpyhack (aka Pete).

I dont post very often but I will be there been to the last 2 and most of the Something Elses for the last 3 years.

Trust me you dont need any more clues and you will want to stroke his sequin jacket but is it silver or blue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheshire Cat said:

I dont post very often but I will be there been to the last 2 and most of the Something Elses for the last 3 years.

Trust me you dont need any more clues and you will want to stroke his sequin jacket but is it silver or blue? 

Do come and say hello Cheshire Cat.  It would be good to put faces to a few more EFesters names.  I did SE in the Dean last year and loved it and also this year's Warm Up event.  Usually I go with a gang to fests but this years SE in the Dean will be a solo trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be in a Hymer van probably in the disabled area or 'crips corner' as we call it as my husband has mobility issues and will definitely be at the uke jams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2017 at 10:34 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Unfortunately not grumpy. Have the time and money, but no tickets. A close friend of mine is going. He was there last year when you were there. Go up and say hello to him if you spot him. You can't really miss him, in my opinion. I suspect on Friday night he'll be wearing a full length faux fur coat, complete with a bindi on his forehead. On Saturday night he'll, no doubt, be wearing a blue sequinned bomber jacket, complete with bindi on his forehead. As if that wasn't enough, in terms of clues, then I'll inform you that he is occasionally loud, and as camp as Christmas - but don't tell him I said this last bit. Don't worry if it slips out though, because he'll probably respond by accusing me of the same thing. lol

Have a great festival grumpy. :)

 

Yog there are a couple of tickets on offer at face value on the SEin the D Facebook site

https://www.facebook.com/events/1266134060104035/?active_tab=discussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a cracking festival.  A masterclass in running a festival.  Relaxed and chilled on the surface but only thanks to a lot of planning, preparation and organisation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 4:23 PM, grumpyhack said:

What a cracking festival.  A masterclass in running a festival.  Relaxed and chilled on the surface but only thanks to a lot of planning, preparation and organisation.

Another success, I take it. Fair play to Gail, and all those who help in it's creation - for I suspect there are many. I've missed it for the last two years. Would dearly love not to miss it a third time in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly we pulled out last minute as wanted a weekend off and didnt like the look of the forecasts.

Glad it was a good one, managed to go to 2 SE fests this year and loved them both :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×