Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Astroboy86 said:

Cigarettes after sex, self-confirmation : 

https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/dirty-water-cd-51984  (see 'details' section)

Great news! I Know them a little but now I'm listening to them on Spotify and it's exactly the music I like! A little bit whinings but perfect for an afternoon in a tent.

I know it's early but I've done a Spotify playlist; for Radiohead and Arcade Fire I put what they usually play + some of my favourites; Cigarettes After Sex have only few songs and I put the six tracks I've seen they play in their gigs.

Edit: it's a collaborative playlist so if you want to add something feel free to do what you want :):) 

Edited by alan_ts

13 minutes ago, JoostEmpty said:

You mean: Rearranged tour dates surely confirms them for BKS?

Playing Amsterdam the day after?

Only works if the Amsterdam date was sold out. No idea if it was or not..

Edit - suppose it makes sense. Doubt many of the Amsterdam date would have had tickets for BKS. Unlikely to play the Friday then surely.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

I don't know why but in these days I'm listening to old punk/hardcore bands that I used to listen when I was an adolescent; what are the chances of seeing some of them? (Descendents, The Damned, D.r.i. etc - all of them are touring during the summer).

12 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I don't know why but in these days I'm listening to old punk/hardcore bands that I used to listen when I was an adolescent; what are the chances of seeing some of them? (Descendents, The Damned, D.r.i. etc - all of them are touring during the summer).

I'd love to see them, too. Chances are not too bad. BKS had "old" punk and postpunk bands before (like OFF, Swans, Popgroup) as well as some younger ones (like Fucked Up, Fidlar, Metz).

Descendents might have the biggest chance.

Edited by mellowmaniac

21 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

New confirmations for Rock Werchter which might be interesting for BKS as well:

Lorde, James Blake, Future Islands, The Lumineers

And Dropkick Murphys, from that list I'd take James Blake (that already shares some dates with Radiohead).

edit: I don't know if could be related but Monday 11 am Inmusic Festival -that begin immediately after BKS- will announce the third headliner and maybe some more.

Edited by alan_ts

12 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I don't know if could be related but Monday 11 am Inmusic Festival -that begin immediately after BKS- will announce the third headliner and maybe some more.

Sounds interesting. I'm also hoping for a BKS lineup announcement next week (instead of the week after) and the Inmusic announcement could fit timewise.

58 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I'm a little bored by this silence.

Tomorrow at 10.30 a.m. three new names for Northside, finger crossed that something happens :):) 

The organisers don't really have the highest social media profile, do they? Appreciate they've sold out and an announcement is coming soon but a bit more self promotion and interaction with the ticket buyers wouldn't go amiss.

Northside: The Prodigy, Richard Ashcroft, Agnes Obel - and a couple more.

So far: Radiohead, Frank Ocean, The Prodigy, Richard Ashcroft, Run The Jewels, Bastille, The 1975, Primus, The Kills, Thomas Helmig, MØ, Veronica Maggio, Mando Diao, Peter Sommer & Tiggerne, Phlake, When Saints Go Machine, Agnes Obel, Liss, Bisse, and Off Bloom.