CV Ticket Query

audio farm

hey guys,

ill be buying a my 1st ever camper van early next year... im through with tent camping!... but obviously I don't yet have a registration or model as I don't currently own one.

will this stop me from being able to buy a ticket on the CV sale? is there a way around this?

I'm also looking to buy one for a friend who doesn't yet have a ticket, but im sure will get one in the resale. It has to be a person who was successful getting a festival ticket right?

tickets are on sale this Thursday right?

cheers

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:10 PM, audio farm said:

hey guys,

ill be buying a my 1st ever camper van early next year... im through with tent camping!... but obviously I don't yet have a registration or model as I don't currently own one.

will this stop me from being able to buy a ticket on the CV sale? is there a way around this?

I'm also looking to buy one for a friend who doesn't yet have a ticket, but im sure will get one in the resale. It has to be a person who was successful getting a festival ticket right?

tickets are on sale this Thursday right?

cheers

As Scottie said, you just need to use your reg number to be able to buy the CV ticket, choosing from either East or West on that ticket screen.  However, you can only buy 1 ticket per transaction, so to buy another, you'd need to get the ticket page again. But - you can't buy a second with your reg number for your mate, and since they don't have a festival ticket already, you can't use their details to get the 2nd CV ticket. So, they need to camp with you, or get someone else (not on a coach) to buy the ticket tomorrow, and be in the van with them when they arrive.  BTW, your mate only needs a CV ticket if they're bringing one. If you have 1 Campervan between you all, it only needs 1 ticket. And it's noon tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he's meaning your reg number with Glastonbury, not your vehicle reg number.

Just to be clear. :)

Doh. Yes, this. Cheers.

However - I'm now wondering whether someone can get 2 tickets with their Glasto registration number, and enter in a convoy.  I think we're assuming (because you can only buy 1 ticket at a time) that it is 1 ticket per van and per registration number, but is that really the case?

25 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Doh. Yes, this. Cheers.

However - I'm now wondering whether someone can get 2 tickets with their Glasto registration number, and enter in a convoy.  I think we're assuming (because you can only buy 1 ticket at a time) that it is 1 ticket per van and per registration number, but is that really the case?

Dunno, it depends how clever they've made their system.

But, I think, the one ticket per transaction just about negates the need to check if any one ticketholder might have bought two cv passes, because if you're also buying for a friend you might as well use that friend's details for the 2nd transaction seeing as you'd have to make that 2nd transaction.