South Park camping - access to above the Park?!

jimmillen

Slightly random question based on obsessive map ogling :D

Hopefully will be having a mate take my tent in to pitch on Weds morning - they always stay in Pennards.  If that doesn't work out though, I'll be looking for a spot elsewhere & probably would choose somewhere a bit quieter.  Sounds like the South Park fields fit that description.

Just looking at the map though, it's a bit unclear on how you get out of South Park to the rest of the festival.  Is it possible to walk through to come out in the area above the Park?  Or do you have to walk right down to the Arcardia field before you can cut across?

14 minutes ago, russycarps said:

You have to walk down and round passed arcadia unfortunately. Unless it changes this year which would be nice!

South park is a nice spot though, regardless of that.

Ah, no worries - cheers for the info Russy.  Can see it being a bit frustrating if last stop of the night is the Park or Strummerville then having to loop around!  Good to know it's a nice spot though.  

Crew area stretches south from The Park entrance, running behind and providing access to Bimble Inn, HMS Sweet Charity, Silent Disco and Park Stage.

South of South Park is Park crew camping, thus spoiling your cut through.  Also, you have to skirt around the posh Tipis and Rabbit Hole to get up to the flags and sign.  

I advise a human drone.