BG games etc

6t6o6m

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

An FYI.

Still having bother with this using the app skin. Details above. Makes the app unusable.

On chrome now and not getting any problems. 

Never happens on WiFi. 

it it happens in the app it will also happen in Chrome - they're basically the same thing.

I'll give the ad-house another kick.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, eFestivals said:

it it happens in the app it will also happen in Chrome - they're basically the same thing.

I'll give the ad-house another kick.

Chrome is working ace Neil but I the app is kicking me straight to ads as soon as I go anywhere near the boards.

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

On chrome you can see the same ads squeezed in the box at the top of the page, just below the efestivals banner. On the app they take over the whole page.

I'll reinstall the app and see if that makes any difference. 

the ad taking over the page is to do with the ad that's getting served to you.

It's likely to serve a different ad thru the app as you'd get via Chrome, as via Chrome there'll be your full browsing history with which to choose an ad for you, while the app will be more-standalone in what it's able to do because it doesn't have access to your Chrome history (the reality is that it'll serve an ad based on the history of the IP address you're using).

It's also possible that the ad you're getting with the app is somehow related to a cookie that a previous ad has dropped in the app's cookie space - so re-installing the app might make a difference with that.

Anyway, thanks for the info about the app, as using the app might make it easier for the ad-house to replicate and find the troublesome ad(s).

20 minutes ago, Charm said:

In the last few minutes. 
Charm x

thanks.

A block of advertisers were turned off a while ago so i just wanted to check which side of that line you were ... but those earlier advertisers weren't being served to iphones anyway, so it can't be them that's getting you.

So another block of advertisers has just been turned off, so if you're still getting them in 15 minutes time please let me know again.

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thanks.

A block of advertisers were turned off a while ago so i just wanted to check which side of that line you were ... but those earlier advertisers weren't being served to iphones anyway, so it can't be them that's getting you.

So another block of advertisers has just been turned off, so if you're still getting them in 15 minutes time please let me know again.

Seem to be pop up free, noticed that occasionally the address bar looks like it's going to open a pop up, but nothing happens.  
Charm x

Constant pop ups till I went to bed around midnight, the site was unusable, no change when I checked this morning around 6:30 but seem to be pop up free right now, like yesterday the address bar looks like it's opening an ad but it doesn't. 
Charm x

Thanks Charm.

I mailed the ad-house when you first reported them being back yesterday but got no reply ... my suspicion is they switched the ads back on and went home, but as it's stopped again now perhaps I'm being unfair thinking that.

I'm going to be giving them serious shit today, no matter what.