Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, wwinstanley said:

Where are you seeing that?

Theyve got a link of their facebook page or if you go to fiberfib.com and go on the news section it's there. My phone won't let me paste the link for some reason

edit: sorry didn't realise someone had replied

Edited by wedgie

On 22 May 2016 at 6:28 PM, seanjackie said:

Does there ever be any beach or boat parties during the day?

Not really. Everyone's usual too f****d in the day, after partying until 6am the night before, so it's very chilled down at the beach with most catching up on zzz's and getting more and more red>brown. As the festival site is about a mile from the beach, which is at least 5 miles long, everyone is quite spread out along the beach.

Edited by andytommo

12 hours ago, andytommo said:

Not really. Everyone's usual too f****d in the day, after partying until 6am the night before, so it's very chilled down at the beach with most catching up on zzz's and getting more and more red>brown. As the festival site is about a mile from the beach, which is at least 5 miles long, everyone is quite spread out along the beach.

Haha ya good point! Probably wouldn't be able for one after the night before anyway! :P

I can imagine this has been asked before so I apologise in advance, what's the train route from Barcelona Airport to the festival site. What stop do we have to change trains? How far is the nearest station to the festival site? I also remember seeing something about having to choose a seat on a train as there is no standing?

Unfortunately the bus timetable doesn't suit my timing in terms of when my flight arrives in Barcelona.

6 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

I can imagine this has been asked before so I apologise in advance, what's the train route from Barcelona Airport to the festival site. What stop do we have to change trains? How far is the nearest station to the festival site? I also remember seeing something about having to choose a seat on a train as there is no standing?

Unfortunately the bus timetable doesn't suit my timing in terms of when my flight arrives in Barcelona.

You can get a train direct from Barca to Beni , but you need to book , have a look at RENFE for times 

20 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

You can get a train direct from Barca to Beni , but you need to book , have a look at RENFE for times 

sorry I'm confused now. On Renfe I can't find a train from the airport to Sants where there is a direct train to Beni.

I know there isn't a direct from the airport to beni

3 hours ago, seanjackie said:

anyone know where I can buy a tent when I get there? flying into Barcelona and would rather get one over there instead of having to check in a bag.

There's a decathlon in Barcelona depending on how long you're there for, that's where I got mine last year, fairly cheap as well. I think (could be speculating here) that you can buy one in the campsite from the wee stalls but I'd imagine they're well over priced

Hey was wondering if anyone could tell me what the villacamping is like, is it really far away from the stages, don't really care how far it is away from beach or shops. A mate of mine said he talked to someone about it and they told him a bus is needed from the VC to the stages, is that actually true?

Also is the villacamping actually worth the extra money or should we just stick to normal camping ?

We went villacamp last year. We are going again this year.

It has grass and shade and nice toilets and showers. I cant imagine how people stayed in the normal campsite on rocky ground and with no shade for 7 nights.

Its about a 15 minute walk from the festival site. A bus is about a euro and they are fairly regular and good fun once you get on.

Outside Villacamp there is a Burger King (with AC and loads of plug sockets) and a Aldi which sells dirt cheap booze.

2 hours ago, hamishrankin said:

Does the normal camp site have showers and okay toilets?

Yes, it has loads of shower heads on metal frames.

Toilets are mostly portaloos which can be boiling but are usually clean.

Villacamp is very close to the beach but it's quite far from the festival itself- you can get a bus but if you get to the festival site itself early enough in the week you get shade anyway.

In fact, last year we got there early on the Monday + they wouldn't let anyone camp anywhere that didn't have shade/tarpaulin above camping areas.

15 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Yes, it has loads of shower heads on metal frames.

Toilets are mostly portaloos which can be boiling but are usually clean.

Villacamp is very close to the beach but it's quite far from the festival itself- you can get a bus but if you get to the festival site itself early enough in the week you get shade anyway.

In fact, last year we got there early on the Monday + they wouldn't let anyone camp anywhere that didn't have shade/tarpaulin above camping areas.

Is the standard campsite near the festival site as well?

1 hour ago, hamishrankin said:

Is the standard campsite near the festival site as well?

Standard campsite is on the festival grounds, although be warned that it can be a good 10 min walk to the stages dependent on where you're camped, as it's kind of like two separate areas rather than all in one. 

i.e. anyone can walk up the two separate area gates, but you'll need a wristband to either get in to the arena with the stages, or to the campsite. You can take glass in to the campsite, but not the arena. They are really strict with searches in the arena, in there it's 3 tokens for a litre of Desperados, and 1 token costs 3 euro. It's also 3 tokens for a spirit + mixer. 

From the festival site it's about a 15 minute walk in to the town centre where all the main shops are including Mercadona (it's by some fountains and has a big green sign, can't miss it) which has bottles of vodka for 4 euro, and beers at around 20 cents a can. It's an essential stop off on the way down to the beach :)

Alternatively you can get a week pass for the bus which is about 12 euros and this takes you to/from the beach and stops in the car park next to the arena entrance.   You can buy this in advance online I think.

All in all if you aren't bothered about hard grounds (just buy a lilo/air bed, but you'd probably do this anyway in Villacamp) then standard camping is fine...you would just need to get there early on in the week (Mon/Tues/Wed morning) to be sure of getting some shade.

Hope this helps..