Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

Hey again all!

Not long now till we're at the festival, Rpfranks, find me and ill buy you a drink :D

Any have an idea of the cost of phone charging and of course how it works. I know at Leeds Fest etc you leave the phone with them for say an hour and you get a token.. Is it the same principle here? Or do they provide a power pack you take with you and then take back?

Don't know whether its worth taking my power cable including the plug and EU plug attachment.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, TheBaldEgg said:

Hey again all!

Not long now till we're at the festival, Rpfranks, find me and ill buy you a drink :D

Any have an idea of the cost of phone charging and of course how it works. I know at Leeds Fest etc you leave the phone with them for say an hour and you get a token.. Is it the same principle here? Or do they provide a power pack you take with you and then take back?

Don't know whether its worth taking my power cable including the plug and EU plug attachment.

That reminds me - what's your actual name - can't go around asking people if they are the bald egg!!

they give you a portable charger to go away with, think it's about 20-25 euros. Then when it dies you take it back to be charged again. If you have Amazon prime or want to pay next day delivery so it's here in time search for Anker portable chargers - I got the 21000MAH one which you get about 6/7 charges from, think it was £20. Lasts me a whole festival, had it about 3 years now. You only get 2 maybe 3 charges out of the beni ones.

Edited by rpfranks

20 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

They give you a portable charger to go away with, think it's about 20-25 euros. Then when it dies you take it back to be charged again. If you have Amazon prime or want to pay next day delivery so it's here in time search for Anker portable chargers - I got the 21000MAH one which you get about 6/7 charges from, think it was £20. Lasts me a whole festival, had it about 3 years now. You only get 2 maybe 3 charges out of the beni ones.

Josh haha

So you buy a pack of them and they will recharge that pack for you? 
I'll have a look on Amazon now though! Sounds good

8 minutes ago, TheBaldEgg said:

Josh haha

So you buy a pack of them and they will recharge that pack for you? 
I'll have a look on Amazon now though! Sounds good

It's just one portable charger they give you. But off the one you buy there you can only get 2 maybe 3 charges off it.

If you mean the Amazon ones - charge it up at home and it'll last you the whole festival without another charge. 

1 hour ago, rpfranks said:

It's just one portable charger they give you. But off the one you buy there you can only get 2 maybe 3 charges off it.

If you mean the Amazon ones - charge it up at home and it'll last you the whole festival without another charge. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Ordered that, thanks!

1 hour ago, jack12895 said:

Hi there been reading on here for a while but never posted.

Staying in Hotel del Golf Playa (Castellon de la Plana) anyone stayed here before as can't seem to find any FIB-related reviews and have free cancellation for another few days?

Cheers

Hey man! 

Not many reviews but i've read around 100 on trip advisor and it don't look good. Compared to a cheap hostel.

Cancel it and enjoy the camping! Save you money and camping is always fun haha 

See the reviews here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187522-d573757-Reviews-Hotel_del_Golf_Playa-Castellon_de_la_Plana_Province_of_Castellon_Valencian_Country.html

3 minutes ago, Spaten said:

This year will be fifth beni can't wait had enough of camping though so staying in bonterra park which for all I know could be worse haha anyone know anything about this gaff  

Hey!

Abit different to Hotel Del Golf Playa, this one seems like a great place considering the reviews on Trip Advisor.

You can see these here: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g667782-d1196595-Reviews-or20-Bonterra_Park_Camping_and_Bungalows-Benicasim_Province_of_Castellon_Valencian_Cou.html#REVIEWS

Personally, I don't think you can beat camping at a Festival. Most of the time I enjoy meeting new people and having a laugh more at the campsite then being inside the actual arena. Never been to Beni Fest though so I may be wrong! We'll see next week :D

9 minutes ago, Spaten said:

This year will be fifth beni can't wait had enough of camping though so staying in bonterra park which for all I know could be worse haha anyone know anything about this gaff  

Bonterra Park is okay, they moan if you're loud at night though as it does seem to be a family orientated place to stay, just a word of warning. 

Friends stayed there last year though and we went over, the apartments are nice, some have two floors and they have a kitchen with oven, fridge etc. 

1 minute ago, Spaten said:

Yea camping is brilliant we've stayed in villacamp last 4 years met great people every year just thought would try a bit of different experience this time around will have a look through them thank you :asciidity:

Haha nice!

I'm staying at Campfest but it surely can't be worse then Blue camp at Leeds Festival. This will hopefully be luxury compared to that with the exception to an unbelievably hot tent!

So excited for this. Been counting down since the end of last years as we bought early birds on the train back to Barcelona. I'm flying out Saturday from Glasgow Prestwick for a couple of nights in barca for the euro finals then down on Monday afternoon to Beni. This will be my second year and I can't wait. 

Edited by Bluemail

1 hour ago, rpfranks said:

Personally I'd rather camp as the music goes on until 5/6am and taxis at that time can be a nightmare. 

Easier to just walk back to the tent!

Albeit, stumble back to the tent!

59 minutes ago, Bluemail said:

So excited for this. Been counting down since the end of last years as we bought early birds on the train back to Barcelona. I'm flying out Saturday from Glasgow Prestwick for a couple of nights in barca for the euro finals then down on Monday afternoon to Beni. This will be my second year and I can't wait. 

Myself and my little party will be arriving at around 3pm on Monday. I'm going to be exhausted by the time we get there but I can't wait!

There's a charity football match featuring members of the Vaccines and a few other Spanish bands vs members of the press at Benicassim Municipal Football Stadium at 5pm on Friday 15 July, doors open at 4.30pm. It's about 5/6 minute walk from Mercadona!

Entry is a donation to Save The Children :) 

On 7/5/2016 at 11:23 PM, rpfranks said:

Supermarket alcohol is dirt cheap - 70cl Knebep vodka is around 4 euro, you can get 12 small cans of beer for about 2 euro. They do branded stuff but it's upwards of 10 euro for 70cl so we just stick to the cheap stuff, especially with the current exchange rate!

arena alcohol is not. You have to buy tokens which are 3 euro each. 1 token gets you a soft drink or half pint, 3 tokens gets you a litre (2x pints in one cup) or spirit and mixer. 

Thanks guys! are there places to sit outside the arena to have drinks? I don't want to look like a moron aimlessly walking around with alcohol in my hand :)

11 hours ago, alexwetherell said:

Thanks guys! are there places to sit outside the arena to have drinks? I don't want to look like a moron aimlessly walking around with alcohol in my hand :)

I wouldn't worry, plenty of people walking around with drinks, sitting on the floor/ walls drinking their own cans etc

It's full of British so street drinking is expected ;)

Hiya, it's my first time at Benicassim Festival and I'm abit apprehensive about getting there...

I am flying from Gatwick to Valencia. Landing at Valencia on the Tuesday at 12:25pm. Leaving Valencia on the Monday at 13:00.

What would be the best way to get from Valencia airport to the festival?

There are only 2 of us travelling... Any advice would be much appreciated!! :) 

47 minutes ago, Hanstanx said:

Hiya, it's my first time at Benicassim Festival and I'm abit apprehensive about getting there...

I am flying from Gatwick to Valencia. Landing at Valencia on the Tuesday at 12:25pm. Leaving Valencia on the Monday at 13:00.

What would be the best way to get from Valencia airport to the festival?

There are only 2 of us travelling... Any advice would be much appreciated!! :) 

Hi there

If you go to www.renfe.es you can purchase train tickets from Valencia to Benicassim station. You will need to go to the metro station which is connected to the airport and get a ticket to Valencia's main train station where the trains leave towards Benicassim. I've got the train from Valencia before, it takes about 2 hours. Once you get to Benicassim station you can either walk to the festival (takes 20-30 mins) or get the shuttle bus for a couple of Euros which is usually outside the station. Alternatively if you go to www.eufest.com you can purchase coach transfers which go direct from the airport to festival site but take longer.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Currently sitting in departures sipping on a cold pint :). It's official I'm coming. This is my second year but I would like to say thanks to rpfranks who has been this years Beni guru as he has answered the finer details I was after :D. since if it's your first year you just bimble about and stagger and the main essentials fall into place. Ie finding the mercado ( although walking it past it twice thinking it was like a bhs store), finding the beach, and what the booze/food is like inside. But on reflection this is what makes Beni great. The acts are good/great but I feel it's more the banter and what not that kicks about that's good. 

P.s may be a little tipsy :):):) 

2 hours ago, SJP25 said:

Hi, me and my mates are coming to Benicassim this year for the first time. Was wondering if there's anywhere on the site or nearby which sells tents? 

Hey, yeah they sell all the usual stuff like tents and air beds once you get into the campsite.