Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some other videos of artists coming to Sziget:

Golan - Romanian band, not famous but they are very good! They will play on the 15th at 4pm, clashing with Parkway Drive and Aurora.

Teapot Industries - Another music from them, and this time it's a mashup from 2 other artists that are coming to Sziget this year, + 1 that was there last year (all in one song, yes): Rihanna - Stay + M83 - Outro (with snippets from Florence and The Machine). They will play on the 11th at 3pm, ending when the main stage opens with punanny massif.

UNKLE - another artist that I discovered thanks to Sziget. They play (very good) trip-hop. They will play on the 12th at 23h45. Check this:

Tourist - I really like this kind of music, chill, "tropical", it's just a shame that he's playing so early. On the 15th, opening the A38 at 16h45 (I've never seen a concert there at this time).

Finally, not a musical artist but a giant street production by Transe Express called Mu. It's very good! It's gonna happen every day at 23h15.

Hi, a lot of us are heading over to Sziget this year and I've got a few questions. 

We're arriving at around 7.30pm on the first day and are all basic camping. I presume most of the best places to camp will be used up by then?? 

Also, as it's a music festival, we might be prone to doing some narcotics. Just wondering how safe pills are over there if anyone has experience? And are they easily available? Sorry if this is inappropriate but we're going to do them anyway so it's better to be informed going over there.

On 29/6/2016 at 11:45 AM, Hefferboi said:

Hi, a lot of us are heading over to Sziget this year and I've got a few questions. 

We're arriving at around 7.30pm on the first day and are all basic camping. I presume most of the best places to camp will be used up by then?? 

Also, as it's a music festival, we might be prone to doing some narcotics. Just wondering how safe pills are over there if anyone has experience? And are they easily available? Sorry if this is inappropriate but we're going to do them anyway so it's better to be informed going over there.

I found a guy who was selling MDMA in crystal form last year... decent stuff.  I wouldn't say it was really easy to get hold of as we had to ask around for quite a while and many people were also struggling to find anything.  Although we might have been asking in the wrong places.  

After our first buy, we just got his phone number and called him if we wanted anything.  He said he'd be back this year.

13 hours ago, kyle82 said:

I found a guy who was selling MDMA in crystal form last year... decent stuff.  I wouldn't say it was really easy to get hold of as we had to ask around for quite a while and many people were also struggling to find anything.  Although we might have been asking in the wrong places.  

After our first buy, we just got his phone number and called him if we wanted anything.  He said he'd be back this year.

I might have to get his number off you ;) would it be easier to get stuff in the city and bring it in or do they do strict searches? 

Hi Guys,I'm heading to Sziget for the first time this year and I was hoping someone would be able to answer a few questions for me.                                                                                                                                                                             Are the tent sets they have for sale on the website good quality or would I be better off sourcing one once I arrive?             How much money should I budget for daily? Will all the good camping spots be taken if I don't purchase the moving in early pass? How accessible/ reliable  are the shower and drinking water facilities? What is the walking time between the MainStage and the A38 stage? and finally how 420 friendly is the festival?  Thanks in advance guys! :rolleyes:

Hi All

A couple of questions :-)

I am flying to Budapest on the Thursday of the festival and hoping to attend that day but not yet 100%. Are there usually day tickets available on the door?

I presume you cant take your own beer into the festival?

Thanks!!

Hannah

Edited by HannahandGary

On 6/30/2016 at 1:39 PM, kyle82 said:

Ask Hungarians where to find it, they know. On every festival I've been to there is one stage or part of a stage that is literally a shop and police never goes there

3 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

Thursday is Rihanna day right? I reckon that day more than any could sell out of day tickets. 

No you cant take your beer in but it's dead cheap inside- relatively speaking. 

Yeah it is Rhianna..might just have to hold out and hope for the best. Are there usually touts outside in case it does sell out?

I have a spare camping set for 2 (1 tent, 2 mattresses, 2 blankets) which I purchased for 89 euro. If anyone is interested in buying it for cheaper, please contact me on iulia_zolotcov@hotmail.com. Enjoy the festival! :)

rentatent.jpg

Anyone know how easy it is to get a camping spot in the trees? My group have five-day tickets and no early moving in tickets so we're definitely not going to be the first on site. There will be six of us. Fingers crossed we find a space as the shade would make everything so much better for me!

Up to this week, I thought the lockers were kind of generic - use them as you need them type things. Now I see that they are close to selling out - in that you actually need to buy one for the week.

We are staying in an apartment off site & I thought we would use the lockers for things like leaving our swimming stuff/towel if we went to the beach early in the day, or leaving a hoodie in there during the day to throw in a bit later if it gets chilly. My husband says it isn't worth it and we shouldn't bother to get one - I still think it would be useful.

what does everyone else think?

The other option that occurs to me (as our tickets do allow camping), is just to buy a tiny tent when we get there, and leave stuff like this (non-valuables) in there.

any one whose been have any thoughts about these things?

thanks

x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If anyone is looking for a place to stay while visiting Budapest for Sziget, my friend and I have a 4 bedroom place with 2 extra rooms and 4 extra beds in it that are not being used during the time of the festival.

The place is right in center of Budapest, and we are open to sharing it with new friends who are cool and looking to enjoy the city and the festival. No money needed, but if you are able to bring some drinks, food, or facepaint to the house that is great.

You can message me direct or check it out on couch surfing: https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/brandon-ancier-1/couch

See you all on the dance floor!

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 2.06.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 2.05.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 2.04.54 PM.png

My recommendation is to see Airtist at the reggae stage on the first day. Saw them last year and it was kicking ass. They have a beatboxer, jew's harp and didgeridoo. What a combo! 

Oh, made myself a last minute Spotify playlist - feel free to discover!