Michael Clark

Pipkins

Apologies for starting a separate thread for one act after all the comments about best/worst bands etc but am I alone in thinking the Michael Clark Dance Company was one of the best, if not the best, moments of 2015?  I caught them opening mainstage Friday (small but very appreciative crowd) and on the Sat in Astrolab (crammed and once again very appreciative crowd).  Both were absolutely 5*, but the pounding sound on mainstage and the increased performance space really made for a spectacular moment in GB history.  (I have some photos to post at some point from both if anyone is interested in seeing them.)

And for the record - Burt B (5* joint best backing singers in GB history along with Webb Sisters for L Cohen), Who (love them but this was a tired set - admittedly didn't see all of it), KW - stayed for first song to say I'd seen him (shockingly bad and out of tune from the start), The Fall (superb), Ryan Adams (superb but should have played Winding Wheel - not an O**** song, despite playing it superbly).  Buzzcocks - great energy and sound.

Apologies for starting a separate thread for one act after all the comments about best/worst bands etc but am I alone in thinking the Michael Clark Dance Company was one of the best, if not the best, moments of 2015?  I caught them opening mainstage Friday (small but very appreciative crowd) and on the Sat in Astrolab (crammed and once again very appreciative crowd).  Both were absolutely 5*, but the pounding sound on mainstage and the increased performance space really made for a spectacular moment in GB history.  (I have some photos to post at some point from both if anyone is interested in seeing them.)

I thought it was spellbinding.

I was walking past it and hadnt a notion was what going on. Just that there were people dancing to Bowie on the Pyramid.

"The fuck is this?" I said to my Mrs quite loudly.

Some passing girl had overheard, stopped me in my tracks put both hands on my shoulders with a huge smirk...

"This is art, darling. Art."

Brill.

I thought it was great on the Pyramid, really spooky and otherworldly.

My festival began with this, followed by the Burning Hell's folk-rap, then the Maoris on the Gully. All three were brilliant. And where else can you see such diverse acts within a couple of hours?