Car parks

MsPacman

Hi, sorry if this has ready been posted but can you 'pick' what car park you use? I think I'll be arriving M5/A39 so I'm not sure what general area I'd end up in? Ideally I'd be in the car parks around gate A. Thanks.

Heading from the west on A361 will put you in that direction, they direct you in to whichever park they happen to be filling at the time.

Heading from the west on A361 will put you in that direction, they direct you in to whichever park they happen to be filling at the time.

I used to always think this... but last year on the west approach to the site we followed the car park signs and drove into Yellow directly we were not waved in by any stewards... Other cars in our group carried on driving and ended up in orange and pink...

It may have just been a coincidence as Yellow was where we wanted... but it felt like we "chose" at the time...

I used to always think this... but last year on the west approach to the site we followed the car park signs and drove into Yellow directly we were not waved in by any stewards... Other cars in our group carried on driving and ended up in orange and pink...

It may have just been a coincidence as Yellow was where we wanted... but it felt like we "chose" at the time...

What time did you arrive?

Last two years running we've been directed into pink, but we didn't arrive until mid-afternoon on the weds.

What time did you arrive?

Last two years running we've been directed into pink, but we didn't arrive until mid-afternoon on the weds.

Just checked a few pictures. 9:07 on the weds we were locked on to worthy FM. So we must have been nearby at that point. I remember a bit of a queue on the approach in so say that took an hour ish. We were parking at 10 ish.

(Edit: just checked our what's app group convo. We're were parked at 9:30)

A word of warning about Gate A though. We did have quite a Q at gate A. (I think that's to do with the coaches all using that gate as well) as next pic shows us at the gate at 12:03 and then we were up at camp by 12:36.

Oh and yellow was a bit of a pain to leave from on the Monday as it "festival side" it feeds into the main perimeter roads. The outer fields disperse away from the festival so in the past when I've been in pink / orange etc traffic on the Monday seemed lighter...

Hope this helps.

Peroni x

Edited by Peroni

For East car parks ( blue/purple) follow the Blue Route. It's the A371 from castle Carey past the bath and west show ground and left at the roundabout onto the A37 down the hill. If you get directed to park before the left turn for camper vans then you'll probably end up in the top purple car parks and if you go on further down the hill you'll get directed to the blue ones - they split off the camper vans and cars get directed to the blue car parks. But entirely random which one as they fill up in turns. I assumed people who turn up Tuesday get directed to purple but not sure?

Same here (Arriving 2am on Tue/Wed Morning) . Previous years there were temporary traffic lights on A361 Outside Orange car parks with stewards directing you in so you had to go to orange. Last year I asked could I go to the next entrance for Yellow as I wanted to be near Gate A (I had all my friends gear as they were arriving at various intervals via coach) and it was no problem to drive on to the next entrance, I ended up 2 rows of cars in from the que barriers at Gate A which was perfect - but not on Monday as we took 5 hours to get out as we were so far in.

For East car parks ( blue/purple) follow the Blue Route. It's the A371 from castle Carey past the bath and west show ground and left at the roundabout onto the A37 down the hill. If you get directed to park before the left turn for camper vans then you'll probably end up in the top purple car parks and if you go on further down the hill you'll get directed to the blue ones - they split off the camper vans and cars get directed to the blue car parks. But entirely random which one as they fill up in turns. I assumed people who turn up Tuesday get directed to purple but not sure?

im hoping to get in blue car parks.. when arriving tuesday night

We are going down on the Tuesday night, hoping to arrive around 2am. Last year the queue to Gate B was a bit of a bitch. We want a good spot on Big Ground and I've heard the other gates can have shorter queues.

I am wondering if it may be quicker to queue at A (A is North West right?) and walk over to Big Ground. Anyone think it will be quicker or is A just as much of a pain to queue at?

Merci!

I have a question... What time do the car parks open on the Tuesday? And can I park in purple car park on Tuesday night if I wish to? How would I get to purple if coming from Castle Cary?

You can head for Purple but even then you get filtered to q for C or B, no choice, luck of the draw. Think it's 19:00, not sure. From Castle Cary, no idea but like I said, it makes no real difference. I've used both entrances and ended up in the opposite car park to the gate I wanted.

Both entrances, i normally come from wells, and down the road passed the disused garage on the right and turn right at the temp lights in ths dip. To me this is blue route, purple is backup further up the hill ?

£10 more. I emailed yeasterday. They replied this morning and said that it would cost £35.

From what I can work out, if I'm coming from Castle Cary, I should put the postcode BA4 6ST into the SatNav to get to purple?

And what time do the car parks open on Tuesday?

Fuck me that's gone up! I knew it was £5 more because the twats at See forgot to send me mine in 2013 and would only refund £25 not the £30 I had to pay.

You can head for Purple but even then you get filtered to q for C or B, no choice, luck of the draw. Think it's 19:00, not sure. From Castle Cary, no idea but like I said, it makes no real difference. I've used both entrances and ended up in the opposite car park to the gate I wanted.

So using this map, we only ever had the blue route, which then took yiou to the blue car parks, with purple being used to overflow. So if I ignore the stewards for purple (im heading south) and aim for the blue junction,is there still a chance they will send me upto purple.?

Also can you walk from purple carparks to gate C.

overviewmapbig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going from the North-East, travelling down around midnight, to arrive at about 6am. Was hoping to camp in Big Ground so was thinking to aim for East Car Parks and go for Gate B? Any route ideas?

My last Glastonbury was 2010 and the queues to get in the pedestrian gates were crazy (think it was Gate A after parking in Pink - can't fully remember), took us 6 hours to get in!  :banghead:

Thanks for ny advice, hope everyone has an amazing festival, I'm taking my old man for his first time, can't wait!

So using this map, we only ever had the blue route, which then took yiou to the blue car parks, with purple being used to overflow. So if I ignore the stewards for purple (im heading south) and aim for the blue junction,is  there still a chance they will send me upto purple.?

Also can you walk from purple carparks to gate C.

If you head for B, there's a road that runs outside the perimeter and will take you to Gate C. You can often walk down this although I have been stopped in the past.