ilbeyene

I'm from the UK and I've been to Sziget in 2013 and 2014. It rained a bit last year and got a little mudddy but the Sziget team put stuff down to soak up the mud so it was fine. It's also hot in the day which dries the mud too. I wouldn't bother with boots, it's too hot. Trainers should be fine.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from the UK and I've been to Sziget in 2013 and 2014. It rained a bit last year and got a little mudddy but the Sziget team put stuff down to soak up the mud so it was fine. It's also hot in the day which dries the mud too. I wouldn't bother with boots, it's too hot. Trainers should be fine.

I was hoping some one was going to say that :)   really didnt want to have to try and fit boots in my luggage.

As for temperatures...... even if its wet, or at night...ive been told its still warm? im not the type who feels the cold, UK festivals tend to be shorts in the day and maybe night time too (or jeans and T-shirt at night). UK can get cold later into the night so i just wear a long sleeve t-shirt, or maybe a thin jumper/ jacket.

So im guessing at Sziget i'll be in short / t-shirt most the time?

With Balthazar as the last remaining band to be announced I'm fairly happy with those 2 additions. I'm not a big fan of either but Rudimental are ideal for the last day hopefully in the sun and Balthazar are a good warm up to Interpol.

Counting down the days have begun!

Since I'm driving there for like 25 hours, I made myself a Sziget playlist on Spotify. Thought some of you would enjoy it as well to get in the mood! 

https://open.spotify.com/user/siiiim/playlist/2H0kMPikBMkKCBcWTgkbKp  or Spotify url in search bar spotify:user:siiiim:playlist:2H0kMPikBMkKCBcWTgkbKp

Edited by siiiim

Thanks For the playlist. Was already following another one by "newnab" but are now also following yours.

I just hit shuffle and hear what comes along. Great way to discover music you like and otherwise will not have known.

Thanks for making the playlist!

See you over at Sziget !!

Might be a stupid question but anyway....

Festival dates are 10-17th. If Martin Garrix (the closing party) is on the 16th is the 17th just moving out day? Can you camp on the 17th?

This caught me out last year! You heave to leave on the 17th. I had already booked flights by then so ended up getting a hotel for a night, which turned out to be a good move anyway.

Hi

Bored at work so just sat here thinking about Sziget. got me thinking....

Citypass: is it a wrist band? How does it work on the trams and stuff, do you just show it to an attendant? I want to get mine when I land at the airport but I don’t land until something like 5:30pm Thursday 6th so will the kiosk be open? If not, can you get them from the festival site? Because I land on the Thursday the shuttle bus will not be running so I'll have to get a taxi (I'm staying in the Oktagon district)

Lockers: just seen the dimensions of the lockers, I have a guarded locker in Alternativa camping. Wow they're small, a pair of trainers will fill it!

Clothes: Was having a read of the site and came across the laundry service. I did wonder about this seems I'm there from the 6th – 18th. Did anyone use this service?

cheers guys....not long now :)

Sadly, I have no time to go to the Sziget Festival, so I sell my three One-Day-Tickets. My plan was to visit the beautiful city of Budapest and have some nice days at the festival side as well. I chose three days, on which my favorite bands are playing.

We, 12.08.
Th, 14.08.
Su, 16.08.

These One-Day-Tickets allow you to enter the ground from 6 a.m. in the morning till 8 a.m. the following day.

Normally the tickets cost
3x 52 € = 156 €
I would sell them for
3x 42 € = 126 €.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Hi

Bored at work so just sat here thinking about Sziget. got me thinking....

Citypass: is it a wrist band? How does it work on the trams and stuff, do you just show it to an attendant? I want to get mine when I land at the airport but I don’t land until something like 5:30pm Thursday 6th so will the kiosk be open? If not, can you get them from the festival site? Because I land on the Thursday the shuttle bus will not be running so I'll have to get a taxi (I'm staying in the Oktagon district)

Lockers: just seen the dimensions of the lockers, I have a guarded locker in Alternativa camping. Wow they're small, a pair of trainers will fill it!

Clothes: Was having a read of the site and came across the laundry service. I did wonder about this seems I'm there from the 6th – 18th. Did anyone use this service?

cheers guys....not long now :)

When I went to Benicassim in 2012, Samsung had sponsored a free washing service where you'd drop off your dirty clothes, get a receipt and then pick them up later that day. I wouldn't be surprised if Sziget do something similar to this especially considering the length of the festival. It would be much easier to get clothes washed rather than bring 9 days worth of clothing!

On another note, I'm happy, there's 5 of us going to Szgiet and we all bought VIP camping tickets apart from one person who was too late before they sold out. Sziget e-mailed me yesterday saying that we can buy 1 VIP camping ticket and have given me a code to take to the ticket desk. Talk about customer service! (: 

Hello!! I am going to Sziget for the first time and very excited since ive never been to a festival that size! I have a few questions I would love if you are able to answer

1. Are the watches water proof? If they are not it ain't wroth the money

2.  How far are the lockers from most of the camping sites? I bought one with a charger and I hope I don't have to walk everyday long distances to charge it.

3. If I arrive Monday morning, will there still be decent camping sites for 12 people?

4. How long can you stay on the island on the 17? we are gonna be dead after Sigma at 6 am so I am wondering if we can sleep till the afternoon or have to pack.

5. Male/female ratio? (or as my friend asked me: is it easy to get at Sziget?)

6. Most recommended stage other than colluseum, arena, main and a38?

hope you can answer all :)

Hey man!

1- I think they are but not sure.

2- You can check that on the map: http://szigetfestival.com/info/map

3- That's a lot to ask but if you arrive early I think it's possible. Most of my group will arrive during the weekend though.

4- No you have up to 10am to leave.

5- Lots of girls and lots of boys! With 400k persons over the week you'll find someone!

6- Chill Garden, definitely! this year it's at the beach! 

Cheers!